. .
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by swood1 View Post
    Are you talking about the green board?

If so the connections on the right read look to read 10v, 5 (i assume volt), 0v, -10v. For some reason the machine was originally wired up using only the 5v and 0v connections. The bottom two wires are black/red for 240v ac. The Lenze seems to have a seperate 240v supply.
    Yes the green board.

It's not unusual for some speed controlers to use 0-5V and the Pmdx 107 has this feature if required. However It's more common to use 0-10V.
    The Lenze controller can obviously use either.

Agnd on pmdx 107 goes to 0v and Aout to 10V. By default the 107 outputs 0-10v so If you want to use 5V the set the Dip switches on the 107 board to output 5v.

If you want to test this with crude setup then put a 1.5Vdc battery between 0v and 10v. (Or 0-5v spindle will just spin faster thats all)
    Then find the enable pins and put a NO switch on them to toggle ON/OFF.
    (Warning don't do any of this wiring live has the speed controller could be at mains potential)
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 21-10-2015 at 08:37 AM.

Yes that all makes perfect sense now. I assume I can use a relay for the NO switch, and for that I maybe best going to the Mach3 forum for advice on how to set this up in mach3. I shall have a go at setting it all up this evening. Will let you know how I get on.

Thank you very much for your help with this.

Steve

Well depends on how your doing it.? My suggestion below was just for a quick test to prove you have the right connections, which I'm 95% sure is correct.

But if your going to wire it properly then you already have the NO Relay built into the 107 board. That's the purpose of it and it works in conjunction with the Spindle speed.

Setting up in Mach3 is easy enough and you can actually download from PMDX Mach3 XML file which sets it up for you. If you have any trouble here come back and I'll guide you thru setting up mach3.

Hello,

Delayed (sorry) reply to Steve, and anyone else who is interested. I have the manual for the Lenze drive if it's of any use. I also have some other documentation including a wiring diagram and user manual. If anyone is interested I'll put some stuff on my FTP site so it can be downloaded.

You should be able to run the drive with a 10K pot and a switch to see if it works. The terminals have 10V control and ground available but as stated on previous post this lot could be (NB - manual implies it is) at mains potential so be careful!

I have got nowhere with mine, lots of work has come in, enough to last til Christmas. I'll get there one day. :-)

David

Hi David/Jazz,

Spent some time today connecting the 107 board to the Lenze control board. It looks like the Lenze only allows for 0 - 5v input from the 107, thus i can control it with the 107 (switching to 0-5v setting), and I have got mach3 working with it for on/off. However the spindle speed seems low. Just running a voltmeter over the terminals it measures 4.75v at full speed which seems to be 1000rpm. The terminal marked 10v on the Lenze control board is a 10v output which I am struggling to get my head around.

Steve
    Last edited by swood1; 24-10-2015 at 05:03 PM.

Did you set the Spindle pulleys up in Mach3 .? You'll find it on Config Menu.
    Did you calibrate the 107 has per manual.?

The 10V output could be the supply voltage for if you want to use a Pot.?
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 24-10-2015 at 05:17 PM.

Hi Jazz,

Yes I just calibrated the spindle and I did set the pulleys but just realised I had limited the rpm to 1000. Just increased this which has now sorted it. Thanks again.

Regards

Steven

Yes, the 10V is for the pot. You use the input and ground if your control board outputs voltage and ignore the 10V

David

Hi Jazz,

Yes I just calibrated the spindle and I did set the pulleys but just realised I had limited the rpm to 1000. Just increased this which has now sorted it. Thanks again.

Regards

Steven

Next question for you both.

Basically there is a spindle sensor, I assume it must be required for the auto toolchanger as it used to rotate the spindle to a specific angle prior to activating the tool changer. So was wondering how I go about determining details of this sensor.

At this moment in time I have found the wires that come from the sensor (pic attached). Wire colours are blue, green, yellow and red. Is there any relevance of wire colours for sensors?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151024_174908661[1].jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	16386

Hello Steve,

Spindle sensor is for feeding back the spindle speed or for tapping synchronisation. Spindle position doesn't matter for the toolchanger. The spindle sensor will probably have 2 wires for LED and another 2 for the (photodiode) detector. The slots in the sensor disk cause the detector to pulse once per slot. Try and read any numbers off the sensor and look for a datasheet on the net. Don't worry about the ones with 5 leads as they have a different detector. They are not expensive to change if you need to.

I can't find any details on my wiring diagrams, sorry

David

Next question for you both.

Basically there is a spindle sensor, I assume it must be required for the auto toolchanger as it used to rotate the spindle to a specific angle prior to activating the tool changer. So was wondering how I go about determining details of this sensor.

At this moment in time I have found the wires that come from the sensor (pic attached). Wire colours are blue, green, yellow and red. Is there any relevance of wire colours for sensors?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151024_174908661[1].jpg 
Views:	442 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	16386

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information