. .
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Has Dave says will be for spindle feed back and the colours will probably be something like this but they could be anything has well.
    Red = 5v (For LED)
    Grn = 0v(gnd)
    Yel = Signal +
    blu = Signal -

If it's like most of these Slotted Optical sensors fitted on these machines there will be 2 slotted sensors, one for RPM signal and one for Index signal wired together each with 4 pins. Model number will be something like 306-061
    pin1 = Signal +
    pin2 = signal -
    Pin3 = Led -
    Pin4 = Led +

Like Dave said you really need the switch model number.

Hmm,

I tried to run my spindle in reverse last night. I have changed the settings to give a long delay between start and stop but the spindle only seems to be going one way. I assume it must be something simple I am missing. Also managed to get some photos showing the inside of the spindle and it's sensors. Will post later when I get chance.

Regards

Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by swood1 View Post
    I tried to run my spindle in reverse last night.
    How are you trying to do this.? . . . How do you have it setup.?
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 10-11-2015 at 03:36 PM.

Hi Jazz,

I have it setup basically as originally proposed (ie. Wiring into the green board, where Agnd on 107 goes to 0v, and Aout to 10V), I shall get some pics showing my wiring when I get some time. The spindle works well with Mach3 currently including slow/fast and I can adjust the ramp up etc. Just cant get it to go backwards at the moment.

Regards

Steve

Hi Jazz,

I have it setup basically as originally proposed (ie. Wiring into the green board, where Agnd on 107 goes to 0v, and Aout to 10V), I shall get some pics showing my wiring when I get some time. The spindle works well with Mach3 currently including slow/fast and I can adjust the ramp up etc. Just cant get it to go backwards at the moment.
    That is just the Speed control of the motor. The Reversing will be done by relays or Contactors that switch the Polarity of the Motor. You control these Contactors using the Relay OUTPUT's on the 107 board. Then in Mach3 you setup which OUTPUT/Relay controls Forward or Reverse.

The time Delay you setup is how long Mach waits before turning that OUTPUT/Relay On/off.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 10-11-2015 at 04:52 PM.

Hi Jazz,

I have only re-visited the setup of my machine and last week I bought the full version of Mach4 which I now have setup. You stated in your last reply that I need to control the relay to switch polarity of motor. There is a relay on the original board for which if the direction and the 0v wires are connected it flicks the relay over and initialises reverse direction, it would be great if I could work out how to incorporate this switch within the 107. So I suppose my question is should I be using the original relay off the original CNC board or should I use the relay on the 107? If it's the relay on the 107 I dont understand which wire connects to which terminal on my power supply board (simplatron). Looking at the power supply board it does have 5v and 10v but no reverse option so I assume with my current setup the only way to get reverse is via the original relay unless I strip all this stuff out the machine. I attach a couple of photos, the one shows the original wiring the other shows my new wiring (temporary blue wires). Would be nice to hear your thoughts on this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New wiring for Simplatron.jpg 
Views:	356 
Size:	858.6 KB 
ID:	17394Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Simplatron Systems DCVT-2 Board.JPG 
Views:	353 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	17395

And reversing switch which works (when I join 0v and direction wires).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reverse Switch.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	107.7 KB 
ID:	17396
    Steve
    Last edited by swood1; 27-01-2016 at 12:18 PM.

The white relay is switched via one of the three clear cap relay in the row
    with the Lenze drive. I don't know if the middle or the right relay is for left direction. The first is, if the machine doors are closed.

So I suppose my question is should I be using the original relay off the original CNC board or should I use the relay on the 107? If it's the relay on the 107 I dont understand which wire connects to which terminal on my power supply board (simplatron).
    None connect to the Simplatron board other than 0-10V signal. Control the White Change over relay using the 107 Relays which are controlled Via Mach3 M3/M4 switching the Outputs.
    I suppose the Clear Cap relays Uli12us mentions where controlled via the original control software using standard Outputs. Your just replacing those with the ones on 107 which are just connected to dedicated relay Outputs on 107 controlled by Mach3.
    Last edited by JAZZCNC; 27-01-2016 at 09:06 PM.

the white relay RL1 is controlled from one of the 2 relays RL3 or RL4.
    these two ar controlled from the main board with the large connector with 12 or so pins. Unfortunately at my machine something is wrong at the moment, the motor turns only left or only right. I must find out why, but not before next week.

Hi,

I have just purchased a used Boxford 190VMC and a used Denford Micromill 2000 that I would like to put to use for low volume signage mainly wood or cast acrylics.

The Boxford is missing the original software so I would like to utilise Mach3. Will I need to modify to allow the use of Mach3?

As a side note I have a TinyG v8 card. Would I be able to utilise this in a USB upgrade?

Any help would be appreciated

Andy

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information