. .
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Ben and I've very limited experience with CNC, did a bit at Uni, now I'm really interested in building a few ideas.

I've previously used a laser cutter to create various interconnecting structures, but the limitations were clear so I purchased a TS-3040C from China and slowly getting teh hang of things.

Have been exporting Google Sketchups to STLs, then to FreeMill and finally to G-Code run on Mach 3. I've been finding it not exactly ideal as the process always wants to mill from a block and takes time back and fourth along the X-axis, rather than taking a line to cut it straight out, i.e. a circle. I don't even know what the correct names for these two kinds of cutting would be called!!

Any pointers, tips or recommendations of low cost better software would be greatly appreciated.

Ben

Hi,

Welcome to the site, your membership has been approved and you now have full access.

Please post your questions in the relevant forums,, for the best assistance.

Sorry for the delay,

Lee
    .Me

Thread Information