. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Gentlemen

Having overcome the culture shock I find I am very much warming to the KX3 and the Mach3 software. However one of several facilities I miss is the lack of Rapid (G0) overide, a feature most useful when verifying a new toolpath without risking crashing the machine. Am I correct in thinking it is not available in Mach3 or is it lurking in the software waiting to be liberated?

GeoffV

That's what fresh air is for :rofl:

No seriously, I don't know of one, there is a Z inhibit button against the Estop where you can give it a value that Z can't exceed so if you say put 6mm into the box, press enter than then the inhibit button the tool will do all the X and Y moves but never drop lower than +6.00 m
    John S -

John

One gets used to certain facilities and miss them when no longer available, I will have to change my techniques. Obviously when maching proffessionaly one rarely has time to just cut air but as I now have time perhaps I should just slow down a bit more.

Thanks GeoffV

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    you could use the feedrate overide to speed up the process

Dear i2i

I sorry but I think you have missed my point, I wish to slow down the rapid rate when vetting a new toolpath, then return to 100% when I am sure there are no sillies in the code. You are right, I could use G1 instead of the rapid command but that would require a complete rework of the post proccessor preferences and I really can't be bothered with that.

GeoffV

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    then use the feedrate overide to slow down the feedrate

Dear i2i

Thank you, the feedrate overide does indeed control the rapid (G0) as well as the feedrate (G1), how unusual!

ooops missread your reply

Quote Originally Posted by GeoffV View Post
    Dear i2i

Thank you, the feedrate overide does indeed control the rapid (G0) as well as the feedrate (G1), how unusual!
    In Mach3 you have a setting Lock Rapid FRO to Feed FRO on the general tab

On my lathe screen i set some custom buttons of 12%, 25%, 50% 100% so that only the rapids are adjusted

Phil

Phil

Thanks for your contribution, I will investigate. Unfortunately I suspect the version (locked down) for the KX3 may have inhibited this feature, never the less I will look again.

Geoff Vaizey

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information