. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mark

Just replied to your other thread and you would be most welcome to join us. Seems all of a sudden that the north wiltshire borders becomes an engineering centre???
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Hi, Mark. Paul seems a very friendly guy and has already offered of viewing of his machine, and when I get a chance I'll take him up on his offer. He also knows another guy who lives locally, so it seems there are quite a lot of people interested in the local area.

Regarding Chinese components, my gut feeling tells me to avoid buying controllers etc. with possibly poor service, badly written instructions, and little or no support. There seem to be some reasonable deals going from UK suppliers, who although they probably import from China themselves, will be able to give more advice and support if things go wrong. Having said that, I'm not averse to buying stepper motors or linear slides etc. which I'd feel a bit more confident about getting.

Chinese boards (TB range) are OK for the right application and budget of machine and if you can put up with the lack of support. Preference as I'm sure many on here will vouch for is save your cash and buy right. Waiting another month or two to get supported kit that will be much better is cheaper in the long run. Brian remember i said I've made plenty of mistakes?

I have looked and wondered about the chinese boards on ebay, used a hobbycnc board in the end for my cnc foam cutter as he offers such great help and back up, would like to go that route also for the router though the soldering will be a lot more complicated. Plenty of time to think about it as have to save up first and learn lots more stuff.

Mark

I use a five axis board for my small machine which works great but was real headache to set up in the first place. For the big machine i use the type that Gary sells from Zapp, a much better proposition and separate Bob.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information