. .
    Just found this forum and like the idea that it is UK based. I have a keen interest rc glider modeling and enjoy designing and making my own stuff. This has led me into composite fiberglass moulding for strength an performance, the most critical part being the wing accuracy. Last winter I built a hot wire cnc controlled machine to cut more accurate foam wing cores which I am very happy with, but would now like to build a cnc router so I can machine mdf to make accurate wing moulds from. I have good carpentry skills, rubbish with metal and just about managed to solder up a hobbycnc controller kit for the foam machine. In the research stage at the moment and budget is tight but ideally want a long fairly narrow machine to cut mdf and plastics with good accuracy.

Hi,

Welcome to the site, your membership has been approved and you now have full access.

Lee
    .Me

Hi Mark

Did you used to fly at Down Ampney in the early 90's by any chance? Anyway welcome to the club
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Thats great, thanks Lee, can go back over all the threads I have read and look at the pictures now.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
    Hi Mark

Did you used to fly at Down Ampney in the early 90's by any chance? Anyway welcome to the club
    Not me, most of my flying is around Pewsey Vale but thanks for the welcome.

Mark

Thread Information