Was just mooching around on the net and came across these stepper driver/control interfaces.
Look pretty good all compact design.
Nope, not seen them.
Pro's: (in my opinion...)
- Parallel port on driver, so less wiring
- Coolant/switches etc are easy to wire
- A bit expensive, £190 at current exchange rate...could get 3 PM752 70v, 5.2A drivers from Zapp for that with money to spare.
- Parallel port being on driver makes it more difficult if you want to use some pins for other things
- 48v is reasonable, but more would be nice!
- You can't run many big motors in parallel with only 3A.
- Spindle output is a transistor, relay would be much more useful and in-keeping with the design.
£190 plus import duty, plus Parcel farce handling charge, plus Vat will make that closer to £254.
Three drivers from ARC at £42.50 each including shipping and vat = £127.50
System 1 board from Roy at DIY-CNC £41 including postage
Add a further £25 if you want the spindle board,
Job done for £193.50 from UK suppliers and if you do manage to fry a drive you don't have to replace the whole lot
John S -
Ah well, never mind. good job i use servo drives n motors.... just a wee bit more than £254 tho :D