. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi I'm Rob

I'm looking into building a DIY CNC router. The more I look into it, the more I realise how much work there is to get it right.

2. Hi Rob and welcome to the site. Some basic understanding and common sense will get you a long way, but like anything there is nearly right and good and the difference can be quite small... lots of help and info here to bridge that gap :lol:

Hellow Rob , I too am building my first cnc roughter , well I am acutaly going to build 2 LOL so yes getting all the details right first time is going to be inportant . I am just getting all the parts together before I start the first one , got 4 axis board and motors from wanti in china after some reserch they are actualy one of the main makers of this stuff and so far great to deal with
    Going to build a 2ft x 4ft and if that works out ok going to atempt a 5ft x 10ft . I have a workshop and plenty of space and I am a furniture maker so the workshop is set up for wood , so I am mainly going to build them from wood . I live in burnley and the shop is village pine nr water foot may be we can get our heads together and colaborate?
    Chris

Hi Chris,

I'm planning on building a 2ft x 3ft router/miller. Already bought a Gecko G540 4-axis stepper controller/driver. Going to be using 2 motors/screws on the gantry for extra rigidity, other than that I'm trying to keep it really simple so I can actually make the thing. Going to make the frames out of aluminium profile.

I've just this minute emailed linearmotionbearings2008 on ebay for a quote for all the linear guides and ballscrews.

Sure if we can help each at all then that's great. I live in Burnley, on Woodgrove Road.

I just had a look at your website. I can see why you might have use for a 5x10 foot router!

Rob

haha! more Burnley rough necks splendid

The more I look into it, the more I realise how much work there is to get it right.
    i was super carful and spent lots of time on the design, i only have limited tools and i couldnt afford to start improvising half way through the build... after much research and creaitive thinking i played it safe and went for the tried and tested classic simple design

2 motors/screws on the gantry for extra rigidity
    good choice, exspensive but a safe bet

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by blackburn mark View Post
    i was super carful and spent lots of time on the design, i only have limited tools and i couldnt afford to start improvising half way through the build... after much research and creaitive thinking i played it safe and went for the tried and tested classic simple design
    Wise words

Phil

Thanks Mark,

It's good to know that what I thought about the gantry wasn't a waste of time. I tried discussing it with the wife but strangely she just isn't interested.

welcome Rob in Burnley good guys on here.

sorry had customers in shop , least got a 2 sales to keep the wolf from the door

Quote Originally Posted by h4ppy-chris View Post
    welcome Rob in Burnley good guys on here.
    yo chris... i set off to yours the other day but you werent answering your phone (guessed you were having an extra hour in bed)
    ill catch you another time :)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information