. .

Thread: Clocking

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    you can use it for both machines, and the only real difference in them is whether you go for the finger type or plunger type. The plunger has more movement, but the finger type is more versatile. i would go for the finger type and a good magnetic stand.

Lives in Hull, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 28-04-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 72.
    thanks for that I will have a look around to see whats around

Have a look at the Draper Tools website (or catalogue if you have one), stock number 46609, catalogue page 361.

This is rated by Draper as "Expert Quality" (ie, suitable for professional use). It contains both types of "clock" (plunger clock for 0-25mm) and a "finger" or stylus clock 0-1.5mm as well as a magnetic stand with fine adjustment and a range of tips for the clocks. I reckon this kit would cover just about every milling and turning need you have. Accuracy is quoted as 0.01mm.

Currently priced at around £82 (don't know your budget so don't know if its in your price range) but for the money you probably won't go far wrong with it.

http://www.draper.co.uk/catalogue/Alpha/Alpha-D.html

Hope that helps.

The "dti" I use is a verdict one which are brill but you will be fine with most makes. Kennedy are normally a reasonable price. There are lots of different types so have a look. You can use on both milling and turning centers but you will need to buy either a magnetick base or normal clock/surface guage base to use on the lathe. hope this helps!!

Lives in Hull, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 28-04-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 72.
    Thanks for all the advice I got a cheap value finger DTI and a spi plunge DTI and a mid range mag base.
    I thought it was going to be a lot harder than it was to get to grips with these things but I think I am finally getting the hang of this stuff lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information