. .
    Hi everyone!

Ok, asked this before but it seems to have got lost and I'm at the point I need to start testing movement.

Should I or should I not lubricated my ball nuts?

Zapp's site implies not needed but others imply most definately needed. My ball nuts both came with grease nipples which would imply it is needed. I am told Shell Alvania II is a recommended grease to use.

Also my Rack and pinion, ordinary lithium be ok on this?
    Nothing is foolproof......to a sufficiently talented fool!

Hi Jeff, i cant see using some lubrication is going to be a bad thing. Grease will obviously give you more friction over oil, more things will help the grease to clog-up a bit to but then oil will burn up quicker.

If you can keep it all fairly clean then i guess i would go with grease, i dont really have much experience with using diffrent grease's so i cant advise on that. I do use Lithium 2 for allot of my stuff.

CM

3. The ball nuts are already slight;u lubricated, but does have a position for a grease niple.
    I would suggest greasing the ball nut.

Thanks chaps, we are over on the mainland tomorrow and I'll find a bearing mert type place and see what they have, I've been told that ordinary grease is too thick and to get something a bit runnier (think its called Shell Alvania)

Many thanks for the help.
    Nothing is foolproof......to a sufficiently talented fool!

Thread Information