. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    im on the cusp of wiring my steppers up, however, as they are it will be a bit of a pain to make a nice tidy job at the stepper end,,, is it possible to take the back off a stepper like this without ruining it (iv read that splitting them damages the magnets)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stepper.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	3380
    57BYGH76-401A

there are 4 screws at the nose running through the entire length of the stepper to the back... i get the uncofortable feeling the whole thing will come apart

I have seen some covers made from Acetal made to allow connection to a IP66 plug/socket don't have a link but they looked nice.

Sadly the guy is in the states, as for taking the motor apart wait till someone who knows answers.

Phil

Yes you can take the back off but it has to be in a clean non metallic environment.
    Do not remove the rotor.

What about using these potting boxes from Arceurotrade, clearance hole in the bottom for the leads, cable in from one side and soldered / heat shrinked joints inside and super glued on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x3xaxis.jpg 
Views:	395 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	3381
    John S -

nice one john :)

ill have a cautious look later

if i get a spring in my eye ill sue you for every hobnob youve got

not got any - ate them and that bastard, Hilton Steve wasn't in the other day when I went up to nick [ sorry borrow ] some more .
    John S -

Watch out for a stack of slim washers behind the bearing which will want to zoom into the magnets and gum the works up given half a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    not got any - ate them
    sod it... anyway, id eat hobnobs but id be thinking of jaffa cakes :)

Watch out for a stack of slim washers
    cheers robin, ill go in there like a brain surgeon, iv got an extra stepper (untill i build a 4th axis) so if it all goes pear shaped ill get by

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    take the back off, turn it over and bang it on the end of a table. make sure there's a load of swarf on the floor, and i can virtually guarantee it won't work again.

I mentioned a complete cover in an earlier post, here is a link for it, it's for size 23 motors only

http://www.cnc4pc.com/Store/osc/prod...roducts_id=296

Phil

nice one phil... to late now, iv wired them up without taking the back off

i did take the back off my 4th axis stepper but the rotor touched the sides, it might be damaged now which would be a downer, it was my quietest motor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information