HI

My name is Steve, I live in a small village in Shropshire called Chirbury, my project is a 4`x4` plasma table, at the moment I have the Bridge 75% complete with a home made Z axis with 150mm of travel with a Tripazoidal lead screw, and a 3Nm stepper. A 1.4mtr, 25mm linear rail Y axis with a 1mod gear rack and pinion, also with a 3Nm stepper. the X will be 10 cam follower bearings running on and guided by 75x12 cold rolled steel, driven by 2 off 3Nm steppers, one each side. all designed in Auto CAD. the plasma unit is a Thermal Dynamics 75xl with a capacity of 20mm. I dont have any electronics yet, other than a PC with Mach3 on it, I am hoping to get a Candcnc torch head control from America,

Steve

Lives in Wigan, United Kingdom. Current Activity: Viewing Moderator Control Panel Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,557. Received thanks 170 times, giving thanks to others 656 times. Made a monetary donation to the upkeep of the community. Referred 10 members to the community.
    Sound like an exciting project, welcome to the forums and thanks for joining.

Be sure to start a build log for us to all view and comment !

Lee
    Last edited by Lee Roberts; 08-09-2008 at 03:25 PM. Reason: spelling !