. .

Thread: MY 4`x 4` table

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    HI All

one other thing I am planning is a Bluetooth keyboard, to use as a remote pendant, there is a Keysonic with a laptop style mouse pad on Ebay for £35, unsure yet weather to take it apart and just use the "Hot keys" for Mach3 as buttons in a hand held unit, or just leave it as a keyboard,

I like the idea of a wireless pendant the only problem is I will need 2 because I will probably loose 1

there is another pendant I like around also on ebay but in the US but its not a wireless one

if any one has any views on the Bluetooth I would like to hear

Cheers

Steve

Yet again Im sorry it womt let me put up pictures as atachments (I could put pn photobucket adn link to them but I cant remember my password at moment) despite shrinking them as much as I can, it says.

PLASMAPenVer3.jpg
    :
    The Dimension limits for this filetype are 620 x 280. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 454 x 480.

2. did try to upload more photos but after emailing them to my self 4 times to reduce size I still cant get some of them small enough, sorry.
    You can download Serif PhotoPlus 6 for free here . It has an excellent export picture option that can resize and re-compress your images with ease, as well as all the usual photo manipulation tools. I'm using Serif PhotoPlus 11 but there are probably versions 12 and 13 (X2 and X3) available by now.

Hi all

sorry for the delay in posting pictures, cold weather, hospital, and just plain old lazyness, preventen me from taking them before.

any how this is where Im up to, any coments or questions please go ahead I like to know im not talking to my self
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0872 (2).jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	264   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0873.jpg 
Views:	390 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	265   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0874.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	266   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0875.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	267   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0876.jpg 
Views:	468 
Size:	95.4 KB 
ID:	268  

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-m View Post
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]HI All

one other thing I am planning is a Bluetooth keyboard, to use as a remote pendant, t
    I wouldnt use bluetooth myself as Im using 2.4ghz microsoft keyboard and mouse which sometimes prevents multiple keypresses, hence my motors stop when I jog them. Better to use wired.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve-m View Post
    Hi all

sorry for the delay in posting pictures, cold weather, hospital, and just plain old lazyness, preventen me from taking them before.
    Great pictures and a solid machine. What stops the gantry lifting as I cant see bearing underneath? Is it the weight?

Ignore last comment as just realised this is the plasma section

Looking good to me, cant wait to see this baby "spark" to life !
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by progomez View Post
    Great pictures and a solid machine. What stops the gantry lifting as I cant see bearing underneath? Is it the weight?
    HI

Thanks for the comment, good point there just not fitted yet, nor are the end stops, its still work in progress, Im still 2 motors short, I did order some but when they came I realised I had ordered the wrong ones,

Steve

Hi Steve,

would you not have been better off mounting the rack and pinion the other way up to keep dross off it?
    (or are my eyes in upside down again):p

that would aslo have stopped the gantry rising

Jeff
    Nothing is foolproof......to a sufficiently talented fool!

Quote Originally Posted by Smiler View Post
    Hi Steve,

would you not have been better off mounting the rack and pinion the other way up to keep dross off it?
    (or are my eyes in upside down again):p

that would aslo have stopped the gantry rising

Jeff

Yes it would have been But when I did it it got in the way of the under side (anti lift) cam followers (not fitted in pictures) but in hind sight had I mounted them the other way up I would not have needed the followers, there is still time to have a rethink yet, but put a single motor on the "X" today on the one side only and it runs sweet as a nut, it traveled the 1.9 mtr in 13 seconds fast travel no binding or high spots..........what do I do????????

Steve

Hi Steve, any updates for me on this build ?
    .Me

Hi Steve,
    Could you or anyone reading this please tell me what those green plug type things are that you have used on your machine?

I'v seena site selling "Hole Plugs" in the usa but i was after the proper name for them and also a source in the UK if anyone knows ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	greenplug.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	432  
    .Me

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information