. .

Thread: MY 4`x 4` table

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Well yesterday I stripped it down and painted it in Blue smooth Hammerite, turned the heater on it and left it to cook for a few hours, then came back this morning and put another coat on it and cooked it again then spent the rest of the day putting it back together. I managed to get the gear rack to within .04mm that works out to about 0.0015" from one end to the other and all bolt points in the middle on my DTI off the linear rail carriage.

I have finally got it moving at 10,000mm a min, soft limits are fine it stops at 1299.997mm on the DRO, the setting is 1230mm. I do still have a small problem, the "Slow Zone" dose not seem to be working, It goes from full speed to stop instantly, I will have to look into it and see what I have done wrong

Well Robin I had to make it even heavier, but I just could not leave it so I took it up to the old workshop and got it nice and warm and hit it with hammerite smooth blue

Its time to start making the base table now, Hopefully the other 2 Geckos are on there way and I still need to order 2 more motor

a short Video of it moving

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=DSCF0790.flv

Last edited by Steve-m; 11-11-2008 at 10:12 PM. Reason: cleaned up the bbcode

Very nice mate ! i wish i had the kinda space you'v got !
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Very nice mate ! i wish i had the kinda space you'v got !
    Thanks Lee, not my place, the buildings and grounds belong to My Friend, I just have free run of it all, its my workshop, in return for helping him out now and again, it works both ways, for both of us,
    The pics where I painted it was my old workshop, before it moved to the new building, its a bit big 5000 Sq Ft, the workshop is about 1000 Sq Ft and colder than the old one

Steve

Hi All

Just a quick update, I have started on the table ( will get some pictures tomorrow ) for reasons beyond my control I have made it into a 6`x 4` table, I had 2 off 2Mtr gear racks for the X - A axis and had to buy the cold rolled steel for the runners in 3Mtr lengths so rather than cut a good bit off them and waste it I had another look at the cad drawings and managed to get a 2.5Mtr length table with 1950mm travel in the X-A and 1220mm in the Y from the material I had, from 2 full lengths of 7.5Mtr of 60x60x3 box I only had 2 pieces 40mm long scrap, but I do need to buy another length of something to carry the material supports and the water trough ( if I fit one)
    But standing in the workshop it looks big, and I have yet to put caster on it

Steve

Happy Chrismas and a prosperous New Year to all

just a few pictures for those interested, 4`x 4` taple turned into a 6` x 4` table for no extra cost, I did hope to get the 3"x1/2" Bright bar (coled rolled) for the "X" runners before Christmas but missed the stockholders they closed early, so still need to get them yet.but this is how it should sit, I will put jacks on the corners eventualy, when I work out how or even what I want, Any one any ideas??

The control box is now finished for 4 axis and works well I still need to get a THC from Jim Cullins at Sound Logic, and 2 more motors for "X" then I can mount gear racks, slatted bed, and "Roberts your Fathers brother!" finished play time begins..... oh and of course PAINT it blue

did try to upload more photos but after emailing them to my self 4 times to reduce size I still cant get some of them small enough, sorry.

all the best

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RLRSanta.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	160   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0798 (1).jpg 
Views:	348 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	161   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0799 (1).jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	162   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0800 (1).jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	163   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0801 (1).jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	164   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0804 (1).jpg 
Views:	314 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	165  

6. Quote Originally Posted by Steve-m View Post
    ... did try to upload more photos but after emailing them to my self 4 times to reduce size I still cant get some of them small enough, sorry.
    Steve
    Download a copy of GIMP, this will allow you to resize/recompress pics and a whole lot more...

or download any number of of shareware jpeg image resizing/compression tools... which will allow you to select the appropriate image size & compression setting (typically 50% or better) to reduce file size

Hi

Thanks I did have microsofts Power toys in xp but in vista the only way I found was to email them to myself, will try them cheers

Steve

Looking good steve, cant wait to see it in paint.

"Roberts your Fathers brother!" uncle is that you ?, i have a Father ? :D

Ill have a look at the image upload spec's for the forums and the gallery and so on, i'm postive i have set "no limit" to image size in terms of the file size.
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    "Roberts your Fathers brother!" uncle is that you ?, i have a Father ?
    Ah but can you prove it, we only have your word for it Lee,

How did that pic get in there? she said she would not show it, I have said it before never trust them!!;)

Steve

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread Information