. .

Thread: Snow ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    well i'll be bu******, i've got snow
    Same here! Though only a little...

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    at least 4" so far and still snowing heavily. I'm glad i don't need to go anywhere till next week.:heehee:

3. we had 6" dumped on us in NW London yesterday, and my friends in a village just north of Bedford are snowed in with over 12"... and its -3 out so its not going anywhere any time soon... :sad:

I have a gauge outside and it read -9c at the moment !!!!!

Just got home. Gauge in in the car read -13

Well, well, well ... It appears it's our turn again ... large flakes, falling rapidly, 2" since 06:00 and no sign of slowing down. SWMBO was organised this year so we are ready for the visit of the Jolly Chappie in the Red Suit and Wellies. Getting to Poole for a funeral tomorrow may be interesting. The main road will be clear but getting to the main road will be the problem ...
    Tim G-C

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

(attrib. Voltaire but written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall "The Friends of Voltaire" 1906)

7. Snowed last night and we had about 3 inches but most of the main roads in bournemouth seem to be clear and it is raining now in bournemouth.
    However a mile north of bournemouth and it is snowing heavily and most of the roads are chocker full with trafic that is not moving and very icy.
    Couldnt get into the office today and UPS wont even pickup.
    It amazes me how the whole of the UK stops with just a few inches of snow.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    I've just had a walk round the main road and there still hasn't been any gritting, the roads are useable but very slippery.
    Cardiff normally doesn't get much snow, so it must be bad everywhere else.

9. Not to feel completely left out, I can report snow in Australia!

While it's unusual at this time of the year, fortunately it's confined to the ski resorts which are a comfortable few hundred kilometres from me.
    Mind you, it is going to get down to a chilly 17c tonight. Any more of this and I'll have to get the blankets out of mothballs.
    Regards
    Geoff
    My home

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information