. .

Thread: Snow ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. I'm intrigued by this 'snow' of which you speak.
    And it falls from the sky you say?
    What a strange place :whistling:
    Regards
    Geoff
    My home

Personally I've had enough of the stuff to last a life time. I had cleared the driveway twice over the last week and now have mounds of snow around 1 metre deep in the garden. the blizzard yesterday dumped about another 150mm of the crap and i've just spent the last 4 hours digging the driveway out again and getting our abandoned cars back to the house.
    I left work yesterday at 11am when our place decided to close due to the weather conditions. Arrived home at 21-10pm last night. 10 hour journey for 30 miles which usually takes me 45 minutes. Got stuck a few times and some very nice people helped me out, many thanks to them. Last night was terrible on the roads here. Loads of people stuck all day and through the night as well.
    I hope this crappy weather ends soon.

Regards

Ian

Know the feeling although our snow is now a distant memory it's quite chilly and folks around here are driving as if on pure ice!! I spent the best part of 15 months driving around above the Arctic circle (Jan-Mar/Apr) each year, mind you that's with tracks, 4X4 or 4X6 + studs and chains when necessary but to be honest most of us don't really know what real winter driving is like. We seem to get caught with our pants down every year. Back in Norway at the first sign of a snowflake the farmers are out clearing a stretch of road between them and the next farm/village. So the main ploughs and snow blowers have a head start. I cannot see that happening here ... or am I just a cynical old bugger.
    Tim G-C

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

(attrib. Voltaire but written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall "The Friends of Voltaire" 1906)

Your a cynical old bugger!!
    Yea I can see that happening over here. Guy from the council drove a jcb down the street today in an attempt to clear the road. The only problem with that was that he had the standard shovel on the front with the teeth on. He couldnt get right down to the road incase he dug it up. Now we have about 75mm of compacted snow/ice on the road. A couple of guys in a tipper came round behind him shovelling grit onto the snow. Many thanks to them for filling my wheel barrow with grit though.

regards

Ian

Lives in Hull, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 28-04-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 72.
    We now have the addred fun of where people have dug out the drives and the bit of road in front of there house so now we have ice---road big bloody lip and ohhh slow drivers stuck in hole. I have a 4x4 and have spent the last week pulling people out of ditches rutts grass verges etc it was nice to be wanted for a few day but that has more than warn off now more so with the same people comming time and time again "can you pull me out I'm stuck" I did suggest maybe leave thecar on the drive till the roads get better hint hint. No I got back well that would mean I have to walk for my finacial times if I did that.
    At this point I have given the car to my wife and now she takes it to work, they are still knocking and asking if my wife will come home from work to get them out.
    Answer NO SORRY LEAVE THE CAR ON THE DRIVE.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    I haven't got any snow.....i feel all left out now.:cry::cry:
    i still haven't got any...

Nor have we ... but you'd think we had 2ft the way they are driving ...
    Tim G-C

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

(attrib. Voltaire but written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall "The Friends of Voltaire" 1906)

Lives in Hull, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 28-04-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 72.
    If it helps we no longer have any snow its all bloody ice now 4 inches minimum lol hmmm now where did I put my ice skates.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Not much snow here for us, started off well last night and then rained this morning :-(.

O well by the power of Merlin:

" Let there be snow on the mycncuk website, Whoosh’s *Ting* "

and from that moment on snow fell on the mycncuk content!

Lee
    No more snow here, its giving people problems on a slow connection.

Lee
    .Me

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    well i'll be bu******, i've got snow

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information