. .

Thread: Snow ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ah well it had to happen ... South Dorset now has a couple of inches and very fine snow falling ... Total CHAOS ... all schools closed. Cars lying around all over the place.

Why can't we get our s*~t together? This country is a joke!!
    Tim G-C

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

(attrib. Voltaire but written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall "The Friends of Voltaire" 1906)

Lives in Hull, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 28-04-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 72.
    lol I know what you mean I'm in hull we have had snow on the ground since last Wednesday and it's caos here we have a 4x4 shogun and all those that took the P**s out of us when we bought it 3 years ago can pull there own cars out lol we have pulled dozens out so far more BMW's than anything else hehehe.

Having a crap time in Central Scotland near Stirling. Wife wont drive the Zafira, damn thing spins the wheels asason as you touch the throttle so shes got my little corsa work mobile and Ive got the Zaffy. Main roads arent too bad most of the time but the side roads and residential streets are a nightmare. Schools are going to be closed all week and this is really pi88ing me off. Teachers will get paid to be off school and we are left either taking holidays from work, unpaid leave or trying to pay for extra childcare!
    I bet people from around Sweden and the Netherlands are having a damn good laugh at us right now.

Regards

Ian

I've got £20k worth of Christmas stock stuck at Gatnick waiting for a snow plough

Lets hope the Ploughs GPS can find Gatnick :lol: ... But hope it all comes out OK for you!!
    Tim G-C

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

(attrib. Voltaire but written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall "The Friends of Voltaire" 1906)

6. Lets hope the Ploughs GPS can find Gatnick :lol:
    It's somewhere close to Gatport Airwick

We've had about 2-3" overnight and it's still falling :(

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by BillTodd View Post
    It's somewhere close to Gatport Airwick
    The flight was diverted to Thiefrow so it's really running the gauntlet :whistling:

8. Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    The flight was diverted to Thiefrow so it's really running the gauntlet :whistling:
    At least it didn't come from Lootin' Airport ;)

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    I haven't got any snow.....i feel all left out now.:cry::cry:

Starting to thaw now but heavy frost tonight forecast ... Now that will really cause chaos ... frozen slush and black ice, bloody un-gritted rural (my patch) roads and it will be like a demolition derby again :naughty:. SWMBO got to work (23 miles) with no real problems ... ruddy patients living within the clinic catchment area of about a 4 mile radius (central Bournemouth) couldn't make their appointments!!
    Tim G-C

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information