. .

Thread: Snow ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plenty of snow here in Biggin Hill. Loads of abandoned cars, usless drivers & and not a gritter in sight. Gritters probably won't come out because of Health & Safety issues.

Got plenty here - more than I've ever seen before, though I guess that's not saying much! It was snowing at 9am, it stopped less than an hour ago but I'm not sure how much of that settled.

People are sledging and snowboarding on the downs on campus At least one forum member will know where I mean...

I reckon I'll design a plywood 'flat pack' sledge to cut out on my CNC router and start selling them.

well there is not enough here so if you can spare a bit to give me a few days off work then send it down PLEASE! its was the early 80's the last time we had enough to cause real disruption (the days when heating just about become affordable). Not to forget 76? it was not just heat that year but 6ft drifts everywhere.
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

4. Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    The flight was diverted to Thiefrow so it's really running the gauntlet :whistling:
    At least it didn't come from Lootin' Airport ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 2e0poz View Post
    well there is not enough here so if you can spare a bit to give me a few days off work then send it down PLEASE! its was the early 80's the last time we had enough to cause real disruption (the days when heating just about become affordable). Not to forget 76? it was not just heat that year but 6ft drifts everywhere.
    Don't be shy - come and fetch as much as you want.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Table today.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	3439Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bbq.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	79.5 KB 
ID:	3440Click image for larger version. 

Name:	road.jpg 
Views:	258 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	3441Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ka.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	3442

Been off work 2 days so far and snowplough nowhere to be seen, its about a foot deep on the road!!

Theres a Ford Ka underneath in the last pic

Do you think a courier will fetch it for us? I won't show these pics to the kids, they've been dying to get the sledge out i made back in Feb (the day before it melted)

I'd like to be able to get car out and bring you some - its madness here, walked to supermarket today and anyone would think it was Armageddon...no milk left and fighting over bread!
    Never thought I'd say it but let me get back to work - well on Monday :)

All jokes aside i do not envy you guys could just do with some time off to get some of the projects finished. Snagged a couple of fire extinguishers to build a small box stove for the garage. a few feet of snow would make it much warmer. the problem with a garage full of steel is the bloody cold. Brrrrrrrrrrr.........

I've been packing snow in to plastic tanks and stacking them in the garage.

One kilo of snow today will become one litre of distilled water by next week.

It's very useful stuff to have around.

Robin,
    only if it thaws out.
    My windscreen wahser bottle has been frozen solid from last Saturday so I have been carrying a Skooshy bottle of windscreen wash/de-icer mixture around in the car with me. Its now sitting on my desk trying to thaw out. Minus 11 at the house this morning at 04-45 and dipped to minus 12.5 on the way to Glasgow. Bottle of stuff frozen solid.
    Zafira also took a few extra turns to fire up this morning.
    The thermal overalls have come out of hibernation as well.

Regards

Ian

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information