. .
    hI Im new to this forum so be gentle I run my own sub contract precision engineering company mainly with Sliding Head CNCs and a fixed head hardinge Tallent CNC,I have up till now programed all of them on the machine and never had a problem doing this in 20+ years,I recently bought a Bridgeport Interact 1 series 2 with a heidenhein tnc 2500 control , My mate showed me the basics but its like a different World so I and looking at A cadcam package ,I like the look and price of OneCnc XR4 any one have any thoughts ? I dont want to spend thousands of pounds as I dont intend doing that kind of work just normal run of the mill stuff
    thanks for any advice
    Mick

Looks impressive, I'm a bit worried that they seem most proud of it's MS Office interface :confused:

What type of parts are you making?

I suspect they're fairly simple if it's possible to write them by hand, in which case, you might be happier with something like CamBam which is very much based on the machining operations rather than creating a 3d drawing which is then interpreted to create the part program. There's a no hassle, full feature, 40 activation evaluation available at http://www.cambam.info/downloads/ - I'd try 0.9.8f - it's been fairly well tested.

It is still in beta but the developer is very responsive, there's a good support forum, it's easy to learn and it's pretty cheap.

Mark

3. The Following User Says Thank You to FatFreddie For This Useful Post:

Mick,

You won't be disappointed with one cnc.

The people who sing the praises of cam bam always point to ease of use and price.

So what can't it do, well lathe for a start.

It doesn't do preview, it doesn't do 3d, and is way harder to use than one cnc.

In one cnc you choose the tool path, you can part machine a tool path and in any order you want and what direction to take.

You do not have to draw parts in 3d to do 2d machining.

They can do online demo of your parts.

Phil

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to M250cnc For This Useful Post:

Thanks Fred but I want to be able to machine all sorts not just simple,and Phil thanks for your reply I am probably going to get XR4 as they are offering it at a very reasonable price with a days on site training to get me started,
    Mick

Thread Information