. .
    Hi you all!
    Though I have been interested in machining for the past 20 years, I've never had the time, space or money to get along. But so it just recently happened: I got an old Emcomat 7 with the milling attachment, all for free! Well the machine has seen some hard work in its time, and has also been dropped to the floor once...that is the actual reason I registered here - to find out if someone knows about or has any parts for the old machine. The cross slide feed screw is a little bent, and feed screw mount is broken...and the hand wheels for the cross slide and compound is bent and broken....
    So now I'm just looking around for a few bits and bobs to get it running! ;-)
    I took the whole thing into pieces and are currently cleaning and reassembling it - I think it will make good use if I can get hold of some spares..

2. Hi there and welcome to the site. I dont know about that specific machine but we have several members who have experience rebuilding old machines who may be able to help... Good luck on your rebuild...

Hi there, Well someone from my favourite part of the world!! I flew in and out of Bardufoss quite a few times during the winters of the late 70's and 80's. Magnificent Country and wonderful people, the booze was a little pricey but the local moonshine was damn good!! :whistling: I would move there tomorrow given the chance!!

There's a huge pool of experience here on the forum, so have fun.
    Tim G-C

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

(attrib. Voltaire but written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall "The Friends of Voltaire" 1906)

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Hi there and welcome to the site. I dont know about that specific machine but we have several members who have experience rebuilding old machines who may be able to help... Good luck on your rebuild...
    Thanks!
    I think this is a good place to start since forums like this are full of people with the same interest as myself...but I also think the Emco is a not-so-smart place to start since it was very expensive and probably wasn't the general hobby machine back then. Anyway I'm hoping someone has something, and if that doesn't help I'll make some parts at work! ;-)

Bent Are

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblybootie View Post
    Hi there, Well someone from my favourite part of the world!! I flew in and out of Bardufoss quite a few times during the winters of the late 70's and 80's. Magnificent Country and wonderful people, the booze was a little pricey but the local moonshine was damn good!! :whistling: I would move there tomorrow given the chance!!

There's a huge pool of experience here on the forum, so have fun.
    Thank you Tim!
    Just wondering - where you working with Clockwork back then? It just fits the time of year...;-)

Bent Are

Yep ... Clockwork, attached to 45 from Logs ... but mostly with 42 down south in Andalsnes until the move north for the big Ex ... then the Hercy bird home (At the time I used to think that Bardufoss was 5" up the Ars~hole of the world, the winds were a bit chilly) ... unless we ended up putting the BV's etc into storage. That used to get us a couple of weeks extra LOA. Ah, funny how you always remember the good times ...
    Tim G-C

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.”

(attrib. Voltaire but written by Evelyn Beatrice Hall "The Friends of Voltaire" 1906)

7. Quote Originally Posted by Wobblybootie View Post
    Yep ... Clockwork, attached to 45 from Logs ... but mostly with 42 down south in Andalsnes until the move north for the big Ex ... then the Hercy bird home (At the time I used to think that Bardufoss was 5" up the Ars~hole of the world, the winds were a bit chilly) ... unless we ended up putting the BV's etc into storage. That used to get us a couple of weeks extra LOA. Ah, funny how you always remember the good times ...

Gosh that was cryptic! :lol:

Hahaha!
    Military expressions..
    I understood everything.. And as far as I know Clockwork is still there every winter.. EH101 Merlins!

I work in the radio repair shop just across the airfield. Nearest neighbor to the 339 and 337 sqn's! Hopefully I'll start in the Bell dock just after x-mas! That's gonna be great!

Bent Are

Thread Information