. .

Thread: Tapping Gcode

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lives in Hull, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 28-04-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 72.
    I have a task on my college course now this is not cheating because I have scoured the net for any commands that go along with the G63 and nothing.
    S the question is is there a fedd or ass commands that go with a G63 tapping command?

The material is 10mm 6082 ali and the tap is a 4mm all the way through and it is a tapered tap so it will have to go further to cut the full thread the job is in a vice so this is not a problem.
    Any help would be great lol so far have hand writen this job and am up to line 830.
    We have to do it hand first to show we have not used a CAM program and so the instructore can see the way we think as we are doing it( poor guy has to read it all and there is 5 of us on the same course)

Kal the 'ass' command is normal released when a mistake occurs. It tends to manifest in a very load voice "ASS!". The tapping then starts when the hammer is slung at the wall..........

Hope this helps?

LOL! could not resist sorry......
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

Lives in Hull, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 28-04-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 72.
    I have to be honest here there could be another use of the 'ASS' as in he's an *** for not giving me a better answer lol.
    Go use of the word though now any sensible comments please No thats no including you 2e0poz sorry
    Last edited by Kai; 13-12-2010 at 05:38 PM. Reason: spellling

LOL!

In seriousness though you need to look at peck drilling with depth and speed params set at something sensible i believe? not tried it myself. Look at the guys on you tube and they will send a tap straight the the way through in one go with cutting fluids applied.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Kai, i see a broken tap on the horizon.....

I straight drilled the clamping holes on my bed and chickened out and tapped them all by hand. There must be somebody here that knows the truth? most of my efforts are nearly always trial and error.

Yes I think you are right i2i lol but hell it's not going to be my tap it will be the colleges and they have a really nice new bed after the twonk I am on the course with put the head of the mill into it hehehehe so a small m4 tap will be nothing lol in for a penny in for a pound will let you know how it goes.

Best I could find on web
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g63.jpg 
Views:	735 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	3483
    Doesnt say that much about it though!

peter

I have read this a couple of times and from what I can see is you think the G63 is a tapping cycle ? I have never used it but from what I can make out it isnt, it is actualy a G Code command to keep the feedrate as programed in the program my lathes use different codes one being m88 .What it does is stop the feedrate being altered by adjusting a feedrate potentiometer on the machine by mistake ,in other words if you program say F.5mm then no mater what, it feeds at that,hope that helps you still need to program the tapping cycle after the G63 then put G64 after youve tapped the hole and move away
    mick

Yes I read that after a differnt serch engine was used. Thanks for the input on this chaps I am looking forward to seeing what happens with the code I have writen for this little job on wednesday night so by thursday you will all have an answer as to wheather or not I killed the machine lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information