. .
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    my first cnc project from the start. as i type i am formating a pc that will be dedicated just to cnc.
    my board came today from ebay very fast delivery 2 days.
    i will post more as i get on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3514.JPG 
Views:	631 
Size:	313.3 KB 
ID:	3498

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_3515.JPG 
Views:	597 
Size:	306.4 KB 
ID:	3499

2. Ah, the ubiquitous TB6560 3-axis board from eBay... If you haven't already, you might want to search for TB6560 and look at other threads related to these boards...

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    Ah, the ubiquitous TB6560 3-axis board from eBay... If you haven't already, you might want to search for TB6560 and look at other threads related to these boards...
    i have but pressed the buy it now!! i hope it gives me some probs so i can help others :)

well got the pc up and running and the steppers all wired up plugged in and running
    no probs as yet

The motors make useful hand warmers this time of year :-)

Mine run on the edge of too hot to touch and I haven't had any problems yet - 80 degrees C above ambient seems a common maximum.

hahahah!!! nice one chris... its ages since i was in that position watching them motors turn on the road runner g-code
    it was all magical mystical shit to me (still is a bit)
    iv got the 5 axis version of your board, my motors are a bit bigger than yours and dont really get hot at all on 24v, iv heard plenty of people reporting how hot the motors get, i think in some cases its pretty normal

7. What motors are those Chris?

8. Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddie View Post
    The motors make useful hand warmers this time of year :-)

Mine run on the edge of too hot to touch and I haven't had any problems yet - 80 degrees C above ambient seems a common maximum.
    I hope not... 85degC absolute case temp is the maximum recommended temp you should run a stepper at - higher than that and you risk internal breakdown and demagnetisation.... remember inside its going to be a lot hotter!

an 85degC case is too hot to touch for most people. Maplin do a cheap £19 multimeter with a temp probe thats a useful bit of kit for playing with electrics...

Quote Originally Posted by irving2008 View Post
    What motors are those Chris?

Bipolar NEMA 23 case size. Rated current 1.2A, holding torque 0.314Nm(3.2kg-cm). Rotor inertia
    0.55kg-cm2. Detent torque 0.0492Nm(500g-cm). 4-connections flying lead 115mm long terminated with a .1"
    pitch SIL header type socket. Output shaft 6.3mm dia x 19mm long. Body 56.5mm dia x 40mm long with 57mm
    square mounting face haveing a 5.2mm dia mounting hole in each corner on an approx 47mm square.

10. Chris... just what do you plan to do with those motors?

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information