. .
    My Dad has asked me to make him a sign board for his boat.

My 1st thoughts were to make it out if a nice hardwood so off I went to some DIY stores and no luck... Then to the timber merchants and the same, plenty of decking and such but no unfinished hardwood planks.

Next I turn to Google for some help. I have found some places that supply hardwood planks but not in my area so delivery was crazy for the small qtys I'm looking at.

So anyone in the Manchester/Liverpool area who knows of a supplier near by with a range of hardwoods that I can collect from?

Thanks in advance

Try a more precise google search "timber importers Manchester" take off the quotes

Phil

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    It might be better to find a friendly joiner, as they're likely to have suitable offcuts lying around, or point you in the direction of somebody who can supply what you want.

Thanks for the help guys I found a place called Illingworth Ingham they have 4 sites in the Manchester/Cheshire area.

Thread Information