. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Arrived today and so well wrapped, got enough wood to heat the house for the rest of winter and about a pound of screws

I'm going to have fun with this, think I'll start with an ER16 collet chuck and a DC motor to hush it up a bit :naughty:

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    think I'll start with an ER16 collet chuck and a DC motor to hush it up a bit :naughty:
    Good stuff Robin, dont forget the pics !
    .Me

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Roberts View Post
    Good stuff Robin, dont forget the pics !
    The drive is a 100W open frame AC motor, not too noisy but has a bit of that ol' Black and Decker whine :naughty:

Tempted to fit a silent Ampflow E-150, as used by killer robot freaks...

http://www.active-robots.com/product...w-motors.shtml

The spindle pulley has relective panels which convert to a voltage. That voltage is compared to a variable resistor poking out the back. The mains to the motor is then switched on or off using an opto isolated triac to set the speed.

I'm wondering if I could just divert the motor drive to a 400VA transformer, rectify it and call it DC for the Ampflow. Or, would it boil? It would need a monster cap to smooth it. Where's Irving?

I reckon replace the vee belt with a timing belt and aim for around 1000-> 2000 rpm. Don't think it will handle much over 3mm tooling, 5mm would be pushing it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pulleys.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	3632  

4. Hi Robin

Glad the machine arrived OK. It was well packed alright but better to go with the overkill. It is a nice machine, pretty sturdy. I would have liked to change some of the components but just was busy running parts so never had the time. The yahoo group has alot of info and people who have added components and made fixtures.

I ran a 6mm bit on aluminum on a few programmes with the air cooling and it didn't have a problem as long as they are small cuts. It would be better with a timing belt and a flood coolant system but I used the air as I never thought I would get to fitting one.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by fidia View Post
    I ran a 6mm bit on aluminum on a few programmes with the air cooling
    Hi Brian

Your problem was in the motor speed control, the poor thing is stuck on top whack

I clocked it with the jolly old digi-tacho and it is doing 10,600 rpm. Air cooling? Liquid nitrogen might have been a better bet :rofl:

I cleaned the shaft encoder and the rpm display burst in to life. Still can't slow t'bugger down though because the speed control pot is worn out. Can't be bothered to replace it because I'm planning on reworking the speed control anyway.

Not complaining, I do this for fun. Best of all, it has passed wifely inspection as white goods and been approved for desk top use in the warm. My cup runneth over

best

Robin

Hi Dear,
    I bought used Roland PNC 3000 milling machine but i don.t know about it,s operating will you please guide me about it.

Best Regard,
    Minhas

Quote Originally Posted by minhas1986 View Post
    Hi Dear,
    I bought used Roland PNC 3000 milling machine but i don.t know about it,s operating will you please guide me about it.
    Best Regard,
    Minhas
    Hi Sweetie

Try http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAMM-3/

I don't know. I tool one look at the command structure and decided to rewrite the BIOS.

best

Robin

8. Hi

Unfortunately this machine has been sold a few months ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information