. .

Thread: bearing/belts

now sold thanks adam
    Last edited by oadamo; 10-01-2011 at 10:49 AM.

I'm interested in some of the angular contact bearings and belts. I'll check tomorrow if any of the belts are sizes I need...do you happen to have any spare timing pulleys?

Please could you give me a rough price for the 7205 bearings? I'm thinking of using either angular contact bearings that size or tapered roller bearings around that size for B/C axis.

Just looking up the other part numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I'm interested in some of the angular contact bearings and belts. I'll check tomorrow if any of the belts are sizes I need...do you happen to have any spare timing pulleys?

Please could you give me a rough price for the 7205 bearings? I'm thinking of using either angular contact bearings that size or tapered roller bearings around that size for B/C axis.

Just looking up the other part numbers...

hi i have a few timing pulleys i will get some pics up tomorrow ive also got about 5-10 1/2in spockets that i think are 10-18 tooth, ive got to dig them out of my shed and sort the ones out i need for my plasma project then sell the rest.
    you can have the 10 bearing for £20 and the belts for £2 each dont no how much for postage but i can see it being more then 3-5 quid.
    adam

Quote Originally Posted by oadamo View Post
    hi i have a few timing pulleys i will get some pics up tomorrow ive also got about 5-10 1/2in spockets that i think are 10-18 tooth, ive got to dig them out of my shed and sort the ones out i need for my plasma project then sell the rest.
    you can have the 10 bearing for £20 and the belts for £2 each dont no how much for postage but i can see it being more then 3-5 quid.
    adam
    That sounds good. I'll almost certainly be interested in the timing pulleys. I'm aiming for 10:1 reduction with two belts. I could CNC mill them like I did for X axis, but it's a lot of effort. I'll give you a definite answer about the bearings when I've done some drawings...tomorrow.

Are the angular contact bearings sealed?

Thanks,
    Last edited by Jonathan; 02-01-2011 at 12:50 AM.

That sounds good. I'll almost certainly be interested in the timing pulleys. I'm aiming for 10:1 reduction with two belts. I could CNC mill them like I did for X axis, but it's a lot of effort. I'll give you a definite answer about the bearings when I've done some drawings...tomorrow.

Are the angular contact bearings sealed?

Thanks,
    hi ive just opened one are there not sealed you can see the cage holding the bearing, i will post a better pick of one of the bearing for you tomorrow.
    adam
    just taken a couple of pics
    Last edited by oadamo; 10-01-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Hmm, I guess making a seal or something is the least of my worries. This is what I'm thinking of using them for:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AC axis first.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	3528

A pair on each side of the spindle should be pretty solid.
    Which mounting type are they, DF/DT/DB?

http://www.skf.com/skf/productcatalo...e=3&startnum=3

Hmm, I guess making a seal or something is the least of my worries. This is what I'm thinking of using them for:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AC axis first.jpg 
Views:	347 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	3528

A pair on each side of the spindle should be pretty solid.
    Which mounting type are they, DF/DT/DB?

http://www.skf.com/skf/productcatalo...e=3&startnum=3
    see what you mean with that pic.
    on the bearing its got (skf 7205 bep austria s)
    adam

Quote Originally Posted by oadamo View Post
    Thanks for that. Looks like they might not be the best bearings for this application, still thinking.

Did you find any pulleys?

Thanks for that. Looks like they might not be the best bearings for this application, still thinking.

Did you find any pulleys?
    hi mate no i havent had chance yet iam to busy with work, but iam going to have a go at sorting everything today bacause i have a day off :)

Thread Information