At MYCNCUK we have a number of paying advertisers, some of whom have their own forums and some who don't. Although we have a forum for members to advertise their own items and limited scale services, the policy has always been that we dont allow commercial advertising within the Forum other than paid for banners, though we have generally been lenient when the 'advert' is in a message placed by a member in direct response to another member's request for information.

In general we have also not accepted memberships of organisations but only of named individuals on the understanding that they may offer advice to other members but not blatently advertise.

These rules were adopted to keep the board free of mainly 'Far Eastern' spam and we have been very wary of accepting membership from China, India, etc. without some checks being done. Even then, some slip through the net or just blatently ignore the rules. Fortunately the moderation mechanism catches many of these.

In the spirit of 'Big Society' and out of general interest, I'd though I'd get a sounding from members as to whether we should relax or tighten these rules, or whether they are about right. So I set up the attached poll for your input....