. .
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
    Have you looked at Gearotic, a program being developed by Art (founder of Mach). He uses similar methods for cutting spur, helical and bevel gears and includes some pulleys too. Take a look http://gearotic.com/, it's a work of art - pun intentional :) There's also an excellent forum.
    Yes I've seen that, it does look good. Only problem is it costs money!

I guess I could add gears to this program...start with simple involute spur gears and work up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    The feed rate it prompts for applies to plunging. I'll add the spindle
    Can you think of anything that's not already in Mach3 that you would like?

Hi Jonathan,

One change or add on that I am keen to get for mach 3 is the ability to centre text. The current wizard has all kinds of fonts and settings which is great but lacks the ability to centre/resize text to a given size box.

I want to use Mach 3 for more engraving and this is holding me back. Would this be possible?

Dan

hi jonathan.... with regards to your XL pully g-code gen :) i was wondering if you could mod it (you gave the impression you could change it whilst eating a kebab n watching telly :)

iv ground an engraving tool to cut my tooth shape (sincroflex 2.5) and thats cutting well enough to give it a whirl
    its a 2.5mm pitch with 0.7mm deapth.... im looking to plunge in to my pully from the top takeing two cuts per slot

i know your a busy dude so no problems if you cant fit it in

mark xxx

Quote Originally Posted by blackburn mark View Post
    hi jonathan.... with regards to your XL pully g-code gen :) i was wondering if you could mod it (you gave the impression you could change it whilst eating a kebab n watching telly :)

iv ground an engraving tool to cut my tooth shape (sincroflex 2.5) and thats cutting well enough to give it a whirl
    its a 2.5mm pitch with 0.7mm deapth.... im looking to plunge in to my pully from the top takeing two cuts per slot
    I'll do it now. Hopefully I've understood you...
    Last edited by Jonathan; 02-06-2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: tautology

Here it is (written in the car on the way back from grandparents, had to wait til now to get internet)... send me the Gcode if you want before running it and I'll check its not done anything too silly. Should be ok though...

PulleyCalc4.zip

I've included an example Gcode file with the numbers you gave. Let me know how it goes.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonathan For This Useful Post:

written in the car on the way back from grandparents
    Smart arse !!!!!

nice one jonathan :) ill give it a go and report back as soon as i get the chance :)

I couldn't look it up at the time, so left it so you could enter the distance between the pitch diameter and pulley surface. For T5 you want to enter 0.5mm.

(Source: http://www.sdp-si.com/D265/HTML/D265T016.html )
    Last edited by Jonathan; 04-06-2011 at 10:57 PM. Reason: It was wrong.

YeeeeeHaaaaw !!!!

thats a winner jonathan

i guess you have your 4th parrallel to your X axis
    i have to edit the g-code for Y axis but its still saving me a shit load of effort :)
    cheers man xxxx

Yes I set it up for an A axis not B. I think the easiest way for you to change it is just swap the X and Y pins on the parallel port in mach3. Then your B axis magically becomes an A! I'll look if I can easily get the program to swap.

Glad to hear it's working otherwise. Any pictures?

ill try to get some video up of the next one i cut :)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information