. .

Thread: need help

Lives in wexford, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 24-01-2011 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 9.
    Hi every oone just wondering if any of you can help i have morbidelli 504 and ive just set it up but the electro spindles are going in the wrong direction. any one ever have the same prob or how will i fix this thanks.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Just done a quick google, and see that's quite a 'substantial' machine!

I'm guessing the spindles will be powered by 3 phase, so it sounds like you just need to swap two of the 3 phase wires around, which will change the direction of all the 3 phase motors.

Lives in wexford, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 24-01-2011 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 9.
    hi thanks ive thought of that but because its a electro spindle changing the wires wont make any differance as far as i know i think its got to do with the signal the machine is sending to the motor im not sure if there is just a setting on the set up that you can change when loading the program.

How are you starting the spindle

G code, MDI, hardware panel button ?

Phil

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 2 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    I would of thought the spindle on that size of machine would be some form of 3 phase motor, either powered directly or via a VFD.
    Swapping the wires to the machine would only take a couple minutes, and rule out it being something that obvious...

Is it possible to control the spindle speed?

hi phil startin it with g code runnin a program

hi swapped the supply today made no change to the direction. would have been i nice fix if it worked

Quote Originally Posted by k2me View Post
    hi phil startin it with g code runnin a program
    OK it may be the post processor.

On MDI try M3 normal spindle forward

Try M4 spindle reverse

M5 is spindle off

Just put whatever works in the PP

Phil

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

ok cool ill give that a go and ill see what happins
    thanks phil

Location unknown. zebbyz Last Activity: Has a total post count of n/a. Referred 6117 members to the community.
    Did you get any manuals with your 504 ? I have the full parts manual for it 729 pages - 5 languages ... but after an operators manual or something useful ... !

And what have you made on your 504 ?

Cheers
    g

Thread Information