Thread: eazicnc v mach3

  1. #1
    hi all
    complete cnc novice, just wondered if anyone has used eazicnc, if so how does it compare to mach3, i'm thinking of building a plasma table and wondered which will suit best.
    many thanks

  2. #2
    I have used both, no contest.

    Mach3

    Phil

    Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Hi M250cnc
    what do you consider the main advantage of mach 3 over eazicnc, From what little i've seen on youtube mach3 seams to have a more user friendly screen.
    Many thanks for any answers.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrain View Post
    Hi M250cnc
    what do you consider the main advantage of mach 3 over eazicnc, From what little i've seen on youtube mach3 seams to have a more user friendly screen.
    Many thanks for any answers.
    I've not used eazicnc...and I'm not likely to.

    Mach3 has a truly vast number of features, many of which you'll never use and many of which are useful. You can charge the look of the GUI quite easily. Can even get it to correct axis' for skew and control hexopod like routers if you really want to! Every few weeks/months I find something new to do with it.

  5. #5
    I use easycnc mainly because I have one of their control boxes and also it can be used from a laptop so cant really comment on mach3.
    To my mind it does what is supposed to do once you get used to it!
    Tried the new version of it but not decided to pay for the upgrade yet!

    Peter

  6. #6
    Have you considered EMC2? It's free and similar in functionality to Mach3.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I've not used eazicnc...and I'm not likely to.

    Mach3 has a truly vast number of features, many of which you'll never use and many of which are useful. You can charge the look of the GUI quite easily. Can even get it to correct axis' for skew and control hexopod like routers if you really want to! Every few weeks/months I find something new to do with it.
    Couldn't say it better myself. I will add Very low user base, less than helpful vendor.

    Quote Originally Posted by ptjw7uk View Post
    I use easycnc mainly because I have one of their control boxes and also it can be used from a laptop so cant really comment on mach3.
    To my mind it does what is supposed to do once you get used to it!
    Tried the new version of it but not decided to pay for the upgrade yet!

    Peter
    That was the reason i bought it compact ready built driver box. The drivers whistle. There are also issues with red button/offline lockups.


    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddie View Post
    Have you considered EMC2? It's free and similar in functionality to Mach3.
    In a lot of ways far superior to Mach3, you just need a degree in quantum physics to be able to understand it. :cry:

    So basically boiling your head is better than using Eazicnc, sorry Peter

    Phil

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by M250cnc View Post
    In a lot of ways far superior to Mach3, you just need a degree in quantum physics to be able to understand it. :cry:
    Phil
    If you just want a fairly plain setup, the stepconf wizard does a pretty good job of setting it all up for you. If you want to get fancy then you have to understand it a bit better but it's not that hard. My background is electronics and real time programming though so I might have a head start :whistling:

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddie View Post
    If you just want a fairly plain setup, the stepconf wizard does a pretty good job of setting it all up for you. If you want to get fancy then you have to understand it a bit better but it's not that hard. My background is electronics and real time programming though so I might have a head start :whistling:
    I have tried EMC2 it was pretty easy as you say to get a basic setup working, but there are some hardware things that are not supported and i would want more than a simple setup. I am on the mailing list, and understanding what the hell those guys are talking about is crazy for me to understand.

    Phil

Similar Threads

  1. Eazicnc on denford easiturn
    By pistolknight in forum Denford Lathes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-11-2011, 07:55 PM
  2. eazicnc 3 'SAFETY' message
    By makman in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 14-10-2011, 08:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •