. .
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Impractically quick! (and dangerous!). Usually cut wood between 5 and 20 depending how deep. Bellows came with the unit (Isel), 20 years old now. They are actuall just folded with U shaped thin plastic formers glued in the folds.

Tom
    Sherline lathe, Chester DB11V lathe, Myford/ Rodney mill, CNC mill Isel/ home made, Sealy Hack Saw, Meddings Pillar drill.

Me again

I replaced the 20mm linear shafting and it certainly tightened it up.

Replaced the X, Y ball screws and doubled up on the nuts to add a 1kN preload :naughty:

The ebay M8x.75 half nuts I bought on Monday haven't arrived. Can't thread the ballscrews 'til I have the nuts or it suddenly becomes guesswork for the length and die closure.

A very nice man at bellevillesprings.com gave me half a dozen washers to preload the thrust bearings. Their £15 minimum order translated in to 150 pcs :whistling:

The metal for the splash guards did arrive so I will probably start on that.

Pic is the bed and saddle upside down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rscrews3.jpg 
Views:	1368 
Size:	412.3 KB 
ID:	4344  

I've extended the table 2" forwards with a lip. Then I decided that driving my Warco mill using MSDOS was a right PITA after seeing what Windows 7 can do with this thing.

I have the new software about 80% complete so I'm going to do that before I cut the splashguards. It takes a DXF file, converts it to a cut and then drives the mill.

Back in a few weeks, if I don't get sidetracked again :whistling:

Robin

Name:	rscrews4.jpg 
Views:	1076 
Size:	441.8 KB 
ID:	4355  

Me again

Splash guards fitted and looking a bit '70s retro.

An IP65 sealed box bolted to the right hand end is the suds tank, I'm using the Tee slot as a gutter.

Next, sealing it with gasket compound and cutting some slots in the bed so I can fit tee nuts from above and improve the drainage.

Robin

Name:	rbed.jpg 
Views:	939 
Size:	374.6 KB 
ID:	4851  

i love this little machine..

What materials are you going to cut with this and what sort of things are you going to produce?

Quote Originally Posted by cooliced View Post
    What materials are you going to cut with this and what sort of things are you going to produce?
    You asked me that before, you want me to be more specific? :naughty:

Specifically, I plan to cut Alumec and make injection tooling.

Alumec is a sort of improved 7075 T6 alloy in 3 grades which can hold a deeper temper. Get it from Blackburn metals.

Ah so i did.

Sounds very interesting. keep it up mate

Hi Robin,

I have an old PNC3000 at home, used it few years ago but EPROMS seem to be dead now (25 years old...).
    I understand you have reprogrammed yours, and I would like to give another life to my machine.
    Do you know where I can find the original EPROM content?

On the longer run, I would like to replace all this venerable electronics with a Raspberry PI + some kind of controller board (the one used on 3D printers or a custom designed one, linux enabled if possible). Do you know about such initiatives?

Many thanks for your help

Kind Regards

Jean

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hewitt View Post
    New motor and ER-16 chuck fitted. Used cheap bearings which are running noisy and a tadge warm, I'll give them a few hours and if they don't settle down and start behaving I'll have to shell out for something more up-market :whistling:
    Hi Robin Hewitt - Can you please tell me the actual manufactures part numbers for the DC Motor and the ER16 spindle you placed in your Roland CAMM3 PNC-3000. Additionally, can you please provide me both pulley part numbers along with the belt you used.

Hi Jean,

Are you looking into selling the machine? I would be interested in buying it.

Regards,
    Alex

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information