. .
    I have two PC`s one in the house and one in my workshop,
    house one is running W7 and is a AMDx2 4gig ram,
    workshop one running XP Intel 3000, 4 GIG RAM,

i have put a demo version on both machines and am using Vetric cut2d
    to create the drawings, the problem is my home PC displays all the code
    correctly no problems and simulates the cutting but my workshop PC
    only some of the code and for instance if i have a word i only see one or two letters,
    plus i can not display more than one layer in a 3d cut, can any one help please

Not familiar with the Vectric software, but I wonder if it's a compatability issue with XP? XP is getting on a bit now, and it may not be able to run the Vectric software, particularly if Vectric is a relatively new package (perhaps it needs the newer MS softwares?).

The other idea that comes to mind is what graphics cards are you using in each machine?

Hi Gorbo,

I've been using Vectric Cut2D for a few years on XP and had no problems, so I think that should be OK.

What do you mean by 'displays all the code . . .'. The code is not shown, unless you save it out and open it with a text program. Do you mean toolpaths, the blue lines showing the where the machine will move?

What are you trying to make? If you post the .crv file I'll load it up on my machine and have a look.

There is also a very good forum on the Vectric site, with quick responses.

Can I just check that this is a Vectric problem - are you having problems viewing the toolpaths in Mach3 (if that is what you are using) because the Mach3 demo version has a 500 line limit and so only the first few letters of a word would be displayed.
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

I should say I have this problem with some gcode produced on other software so its not just a vetric problem, as I said both versions on both PC`s are demo, I will do a screen prtscn of the problem and post it here
    I am making simple wooden plagues nothing complicated. it will also post the gcode, thanks for your help

Here you go some file to munch over :whistling:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen one.jpg 
Views:	337 
Size:	256.1 KB 
ID:	3726   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screen2.jpg 
Views:	471 
Size:	328.9 KB 
ID:	3725   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	what i want.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	3727  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Find attached a zipped crv file, thanks john
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Gorbo,

I loaded the dxf file into Autocad and all looked fine. Then loaded it into Vectric and created the toolpaths. As a trial I used a 3mm cutter with 12mm thick material. This created the toolpaths but the gcode file was 3771 lines long. Mach3 demo has a 500 line limit so will only show the first 500 lines, which is the first few letters. This sounds like your problem.

If so, there are 3 solutions:
    Cut the letters a few at a time by creating toolpaths for groups of letters (say 2 at a time) - check the gcode file length by loading it into a text program
    Pay for the full Mach 3 version
    Draw around the letters in a cad program to try and create much coarser vectors, which will create less gcode - but this is tedious and less smooth

In Mach3 if you scroll the gcode window down to the bottom is it complete, or does it stop at ~500 lines? Compare it to the same gcode loaded into a text viewer to see if it has been truncated by the demo version.

I seem to remember Mach3 can run in a simulation mode if the parallel port driver is not installed, which may allow you to view larger files (therefore your home pc might show it all) whereas your garage PC with cutting capability has the driver installed and therefore has the 500 line limit when actually cutting. I might be mistaken on this one, someone might be able to help with the Mach3 arrangement.

Does this help?
    Building a CNC machine to make a better one since 2010 . . .
    MK1 (1st photo), MK2, MK3, MK4

Thanks all problem solved it was the fact that even they were both demo installs one was not showing all the code due to the 500 line limit, thanks again, now I can cut some stuff

Thread Information