. .
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I am using DolphinCADCAM, (Partmaster)

It works very well with Mach3 and EMC2 (download the windows 7 patch and the PP files are in there)

I havent had any issues with this program and do recommend it, worth the buy imo

I tried a demo of Partmaster, but i absolutely hated it.

They do do deals for hobby users in which the price is quite reasonable.

So try the demo

Make sure STOP SPINDLE WAIT FOR CYCLE START is ticked in general config TOOL CHANGE

Phil

I use Dolphin Partmaster for mill but hardly for lathe, for lathe most of what I do I can get by with using the wizards in Mach 3.
    These will be updated shortly so you can add to them, i.e stack them up so you can do a face operation, then turn, then screwcut.

Ron Ginger who's in charge of Wizards reckons he'll have them done for the CNC show in the US in June or July.

Partmaster is a two part program, CAD and CAM. CAD absolutely sucks, it's terrible and not intuitive at all. CAM is very good and if you bring files in as DXF's it works well.
    John S -

Quote Originally Posted by John S View Post
    Partmaster is a two part program, CAD and CAM. CAD absolutely sucks, it's terrible and not intuitive at all. CAM is very good and if you bring files in as DXF's it works well.
    I never got past the CAD side.

Phil

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Phil,

I think if I'd have gone the CAD route first I would have thought the same but many of my jobs come in as DXF from the customer so I bypassed that.

Also I have a CAD package I'm happy with and had it in various versions for years, so it's more productive to me to alter a drawing in my CAD program, then bring it into Dolphin as a DXF.
    John S -

John, I can understand your reasoning. I didn't have a CAD program hence the route i took.

I went with OneCNC and it's a joy to use.

Phil

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Phil,
    PM sent
    John S -

Lives in Hull, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 28-04-2016 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 72.
    M250 any chance you can put up a video of the proces to turn somthing that looks somthing like a small tank barrel from the cad throught to the cam and Gcode I have asked onecnc to get in touch but no joy so far and I know you use it and like it so I thought what the hell see if you would be so king to give me a look see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    M250 any chance you can put up a video of the proces to turn somthing that looks somthing like a small tank barrel from the cad throught to the cam and Gcode I have asked onecnc to get in touch but no joy so far and I know you use it and like it so I thought what the hell see if you would be so king to give me a look see.
    Kai do you have Skype ? as i believe i can give a one 2 one demo using it "Skype" you can see my desktop on your machine, i haven't tried this so don't know how good it would work

Phil

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information