. .

Thread: Heiz Machines

Hi All,

I am having issues with my home-built Rockcliff machine, and am considering buying a Heiz S1000/T. If you have one of their products, I am interested in what you think about them.

Martin.

2. I've had the T1000 for nearly a year now and it's been very good. I'm a stingy Scottish git and after ordering it I experienced the usual "oh god, what have I done" thing, but other than that I have had no regrets. The machine is used as a 'hobby' so not every day, but certainly every week and I've had no problems that I can put down to the machine itself (I have had some issues that I put down to USB comms).

What are you going to use it for? How often? Or in other words -what are your expectations from the machine.

I'm looking to use it for 2D and 3D parts for model aircraft and also for machining designs into MDF cupboard doors. I assume it will be used at least weekly.

4. heli - The Heiz should be fine for that. I do mostly signs and clocks with mine, in wood. It's been used most weekends and some weekday evenings and has been utterly reliable as well as shrugging off my odd mistakes (the biggest problem I've had was blowing the fuse in the controller when I was a bit adventurous with a 25mm surfacing bit on a slab of solid oak). I've still yet to do any metalwork on it but the only 'problem' I forsee with that is the size of the bed giving some flex. For the small jobs I'll be doing in metal, I think as long as I machine near to the home corner, things should be OK - either that or I can take the bed out and put in a crossbar or two in to support it from beneath.

Thread Information