. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hi,
    I have a X3 mill bought from Arc Euro and converted to CNC with a kit.
    I recently had to change the C11G BOB and Arturo sent me one that is Version 8.
    The problem that I have is that the board needs a new xml program to run and I have been trying for a long time to get the machine running, with no luck.
    The enable led is lit but the machine will not run.
    Can someone supply a novice with the correct xml program.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Have you tried the sample xml file from http://cnc4pc.com/Files/C11G_REV8_2.xml ?

Quote Originally Posted by m_c View Post
    Have you tried the sample xml file from http://cnc4pc.com/Files/C11G_REV8_2.xml ?
    Thanks for the reply, and yes I have tried the sample file from CNC4PC. That will not work, although the enable light on the board is lit. I think that there must be something that I am missing, such as the inputs to the board, do they have to be set to 0 or 5v?
    Regards.
    Eugene.

Lives in East Lothian, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 3 Days Ago Forum Superstar, has done so much to help others, they deserve a medal. Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 2,908. Received thanks 360 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Do you know what version your old board was?
    If you do, I'll have a quick read of the manuals, and see what differences there are, and what might be causing the problem.

Also, why did you need to change the board?

Hi again,
    The old board was the original version 1, the reason that I had to change the board was that a 'friend' tried to get the spindle motor working and shorted out the board and also the speed board,!!
    Thais again for your offer of help.
    Eugene.

Hi Eugene

If you view the XML file you can see what what pin numbers are being used for the motors, make sure they match the way Arc Euro wired the board in the first place.

Are you using Mach?

Andy

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    did you manage to site your mill eventually.

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply. Yes I have managed to relocate the mill it's in a garage in Radyr now, but I still cannot get it working. I know that you are very busy, and that you cannot spend any time with me but if I send you the XML file could you please tell me how to correct it, so that so that the machine will run
    Thanks for your time.
    Best wishes,
    Eugene.

Hi
    I am using Mach 3, and the pin numbers in the program correspond with the connections on the outputs. The enable led is lit,but Mach 3 gives a message saying that the emergency mode is active, and I cannot clear it.

Eugene

Can you copy and post your machine XML file that you are using at the moment and all your pin connections from your BOB to your motors etc.

Andy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information