. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hi,
    I have a sieg SX2 id like to convert to CNC, the only place i can find that sells a kit in the UK is syil in east london and computool. Computool isnt a full kit.
    http://www.syil.co.uk/product_X2.asp
    http://www.computool.co.uk/SiegX2.html
    Does anyone know where i can get a kit for my mill? Or where i can buy all the individual parts that i would need?

Thanks in advance.

2. You could try Cncfusion in the US. They don;t specifically list the SX2 but there is a mention of the LMS Hi-Torque mill which seems to be the same (or very similar)
    Regards
    Geoff
    My home

Hi, I've just bought a seig sx2 and am also trying to convert it, I was wondering if you managed to find a kit for it. Any info would be appreciattec thanks

There's lots of useful information on converting the Harbour Freight version of this mill here complete with drawings of the parts needed: http://hossmachine.info/cnc_conversion.html

Russell.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Oldie45 View Post
    Hi, I've just bought a seig sx2 and am also trying to convert it, I was wondering if you managed to find a kit for it. Any info would be appreciattec thanks
    Other than the CNCFusion kit as previously mentioned, the only other kit I'm aware of is from Stirling Steele
    Regards
    Geoff
    My home

Quote Originally Posted by tumutbound View Post
    Other than the CNCFusion kit as previously mentioned, the only other kit I'm aware of is from Stirling Steele
    This strikes me as rather expensive considering that it doesn't include ballscrew conversion for X and Y axes. If you have a lathe and using the unmodified mill you should be able to make all the parts other than the ballscrews yourself for next to nothing.

Russell.

if you are still looking for part and know what you want i could possible machine parts for you on my mill.

Thank you for the offer but it's already done. I managed to get hold of an older set for the x2 and adapt them.

Thread Information