. .
    hi i have a mechatronics board from easy cnc and recently i dissasemble my machine to do some adjustments .
    when finish the adjustments i assemble my machine and when i connect my mechatronics board i noticed that on the x axis the motor only rotates to one side even if i press left or right on the keyboard .
    i´ve changed the ics ,the transistors , (from one axis to another.)
    changed the output pins on mach3 but everything the same .
    does anybody knows whats the problem?
    thanks edgar

2. Make sure DIR X signal is working properly. Should be logic high or low depends upon settings and direction. I would borrow DIR Y or Z signal and connected to board's DIR X Signal. If works you will know that's not the board itself is damaged ,but parallel cable or port in a computer.
    Hope this help

what do you mean by borrow the y dir signal?
    do i have to do this on the software or by hardware by changing the pinout assigment?
    is it possible to test the cable?

4. On a boards' parallel connector try to find pin which in board manual is DIRX and DIRY. When you change axis direction, state of this pin should change from low to high TTL logic signal or opposite (depends upon settings in Mach3). In your case it should happen for sure in case of Y and Z axis. For some reason X axis doesn't receive direction signal from pin DIRX but only STEPX, causing it to rotate in one direction only regardless pressing left or right on a keyboard. When you find on your board connectors pins DIRX,Y,Z try to make connection(bridge) from DIRY or DIRZ to DIRX (disconecting cable from computer and power off). If after bypassing DIR signal X axis works in both direction that's mean fault is in a cable or computer parallel port. You can check signal outputs on an end of the cable. Step signals are pulses so it will be visible on oscilloscope rather than voltmeter. Direction signals are changeing only when you change direction so it should change from 0V to 5V or opposite so you can use voltmeter. But always be careful when messing with computer's parallel port it's not protected hence easy to damage by static electricity or shorting it to the ground.

thanks wiatroda . the damage was on the computer .
    i tried another computer and it works perfect .
    thanks a lot.
    edgar

Thread Information