. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rogue,
    I will hopefully be running my spindle motor for the first time very soon. I just need to sort out some of the settings and wiring. The spindle motor seems to be good quality, its certainly heavy enough. Some of the translation in the VFD manual is a bit dodgy though.

Thanks for that. It sounds like I've got a motor choice to pencil into the design. I just hope they're still available and the exchange rate is this good or better when the time comes!

By the time this build is completed, Jonathan, I think I'll owe you several pints down the Olde Trip

Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    The spindle motor seems to be good quality, its certainly heavy enough. Some of the translation in the VFD manual is a bit dodgy though.
    At least your manual is English...I googled and found one, probably the same as yours.

Have you measured the runout? I just measured mine, once with a 1/4" ground bar in the collet and also measured the runout of the tapered bore which the collet fits in. I got 0.1mm and 0.05mm respectively which is pretty poor. I think I need a new collet nut as it looks wobbly. When I first got the spindle I recall measuring 0.025mm runout. That's not fatal, but it gets annoying with small cutters.

Quote Originally Posted by Web Goblin View Post
    Rogue,
    I will hopefully be running my spindle motor for the first time very soon. I just need to sort out some of the settings and wiring. The spindle motor seems to be good quality, its certainly heavy enough. Some of the translation in the VFD manual is a bit dodgy though.
    I've been following the build and look forward to seeing it come alive. If you find any fatal flaws, please let us know (before I buy one :whistling::lol:)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information