. .

I guess a diy cnc is never quite finished but this one is about as finished as its going to get

im pretty happy with how well it all worked out :)

good luck to all you buggars half way through your build.... try not to sup to much WD40 :)

Nice one. Im glad you got it all finished. Nice bit of video too.

Regards

Ian

Location unknown. Last Activity: 08-02-2014 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 157. Received thanks 5 times, giving thanks to others 8 times.
    Grats! Excellent video :)

Agreed, nicely edited video. Have you got any high resolution pictures from it? It looks like you've made another spindle and put a fly cutter made from a lathe tool in it?
    Last edited by Jonathan; 15-05-2011 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    Have you got any high resolution pictures from it?
    of the machine or the spindle ?

It looks like you've made another spindle and put a fly cutter made from a lathe tool in it
    your half right jonathan
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	_MG_1667.JPG 
Views:	660 
Size:	435.5 KB 
ID:	4023
    its the same 2000w spindle with a simple flycutter i modified, (my main work horse.. the other two spindles i made dont get used very often)

Name:	_MG_1664.JPG 
Views:	439 
Size:	540.8 KB 
ID:	4024
    the un-holy jumbles of it all is hidden in the video (art ) but here it is naked and looking scruffy, it works nice though

this is the last thing i made for the machine

Name:	_MG_1668.JPG 
Views:	400 
Size:	343.8 KB 
ID:	4025
    3.175mm carbide shaft through brass, i cut up a torsion spring from a large shaft oil seal as the stops, simple and easy to adjust

Name:	_MG_1669.JPG 
Views:	337 
Size:	291.9 KB 
ID:	4026
    i think the secret to getting these drag engavers to work well is grinding a good accurate point, i could probaby do with trying a more shallow angle with this one but its working well enough for me to just let it be untill it needs sharpening :)

Thread Information