. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I have the following:

Nuegart PLE40 planetry gearbox's avalible:

1x 25:1
    1 x 8:1
    2 x 4:1

I havenet used these, all seem to turn easilly, and have a rated back lash of <5 arc minutes.. a quick internet search will show you these gear box's normally sell for £150+...

I have used these gearbox's before and they run well upto 10,000 rpm...

I am open to ANY offers for these, first reasonable offer will be accepted.

James
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19052011180.jpg 
Views:	394 
Size:	231.5 KB 
ID:	4040

I'm interested in these...they look good for adding axis' to my machine . As it happens I've just been designing it today, but with a double timing belt reduction to get the required torque. These gearboxes would simplify it.

The output torque is sufficient with the 25:1, however the backlash according to their website is <19 arcmin on the output shaft. At 25:1 that's upto about 8 degrees on the input shaft - seems like a lot, am I reading it wrong?

http://www.neugart.de/download/gb/PLE/dim/PLE_40_gb.pdf

http://www.neugart.de/download/gb/PLE/Katalog_PLE.pdf

Jonathan,

You have an interesting point on the back lash, when i used one of these it was with back lash compensation, once i had set it up i never had to adjust it - it seemed very consistent.

I can not argue with your maths but seems a lot higher than i experienced in reality! Remember these are German, made in Germany so the quality is very good and the specification very conservative.

If you are still interested I am open to offers.... And we can combine shipment with the bolts, screws etc....

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmybristol View Post
    You have an interesting point on the back lash, when i used one of these it was with back lash compensation, once i had set it up i never had to adjust it - it seemed very consistent.
    I see, that's promising. The problem for me is that backlash compensations does not help with the play caused by the backlash. For a rotary axis used with a router or milling machine I think no play is a requirement, otherwise the cutter may vibrate relative to the work-piece? I think is especially true if it's used to rotate the spindle itself, which is my intention. Say there's 100mm from the axis of rotation to the cutter tip, with 19arcmin that's quite a lot of movement: pi*100*19/60/360=0.28mm.

What is the motor input shaft diameter for each of them?

The PLE is the perfect economy alternative to the PLN. We have specifi cally
    designed this planetary gear for all applications in which a particularly low backlash
    is not necessarily the main focus.
    No idea really what to offer you for them. I'm probably only interested in the 25:1.
    Last edited by Jonathan; 20-05-2011 at 11:03 AM.

The input is the "clamp" style shown, the internal bore is 12mm, when i used one i put a simple sleeve on the shaft.

If you are interested make an offer....

I will PM you....

So I have the

Left... Looking for a good home... so I am open to offers... all 3 for £40 including postage??? any takers????

As Johnathan has said the rating on these things (having received his) seem to be conservative!!!

Many Thanks

James

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmybristol View Post

Left... Looking for a good home... so I am open to offers... all 3 for £40 including postage??? any takers????
    Hmm, paid a little more for mine :lol:. I'm tempted to get the rest now.

Well.. be tempted.. sure we can come to a deal :)....

James

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information