. .
  1. We are happy to announce the availability of a new CNC router setup tool for use with the Mach3 machine control software.

This tool consists of a specially sized aluminum block and a set of macros that can:
    1) set the length of the cutter
    2) find the edge of a work piece or fixture and,
    3) zero the X and Y on your machine to a known, repeatable location

The point of this tool is to perform these operations quickly and accurately.

Please view the detailed instructions and videos at Cambium Machines - Setup.

The device and scripts to drive it are available for a reasonable $31.50 US, plus $13.95 US shipping to anywhere worldwide (about 27 Pounds total if we did the conversion correctly).

Thanks for checking us out.

Hello
    I have been trying to contact Cambium but with no luck everytime I try and send a message it comes back with server does not reconise the sender, unfortunatly there is no email address to send a standard email so can't make contact rwith regard to this precision point product.

Is this only me or are other people finding it hard to get a response out of Cambium.

Mooeee

Why would you want to pay for this.???
    All the code to do this is available free if you look about. It's easy to alter Mach's screen to incorp buttons to do this or has he has done here issue M codes that run the scripts.

Better still or easier to Buy Gerry's 2010 screen set here http://home.comcast.net/~cncwoodworker/2010.html It comes with these probes and far more besides built in, plus it's a great screen set with big toolpath display.
    The touch block he use's could be any metal block or plate so long has it's accurate dimensions are known. I just use a simple piece of singel sided PCB board attached to a wiregoing to a spare input, it's far more versatile than that big clumsy block.!!

4. Mooeee,
    It seems that my ISP is having trouble with my contact forms. Please email any questions you might have to "tech at cambiummachines dot com". I hope to have the form issue fixed shortly, but in the meantime, that is the email where the form goes anyway.

JAZZCNC,
    You are right that the code to perform these functions is pretty widely discussed on the various forums and could be put together by someone with a decent understanding of VB scripting. I've tried to create three scripts that are very simple to use, cover the functions most useful to a woodworker (tool length, edge finding and setting a zero point) and include all the hardware needed. I especially like the script for setting a zero point, which I use this to set the location of fixtures on my machine, such as the fixture I use to cut dovetails.

I think a lot of people would do something like this themselves. Many CNC router people are obviously pretty technical and the "do it yourself" type, but for anyone interested in a complete hardware kit and finished scripts, I'm happy to box up a kit and put it in the mail.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CambiumMachines For This Useful Post:

Thread Information