. .
    once i get my cnc machine so i can cut panels out of 18mm 4 x 8 laminated mdf, i need to slot the edges of the panels with a 2mm kerf in the center of the edge which is 9mm down. i have seen slotter/groover router bits for doing this and was planning to slot them by hand once the panels were cut.
    is it possible to slot them on a cnc router though? i know the slotter bit is much wider compared to a normal cutting bit.
    is the solution to arrange my panels on the 4 x8 sheet cad drawing so that most of the out edge is the edge that needs slotting and i can get most of the slotting down automatically.
    or maybe set up another program where i can line up all the cut panels after they are cut on the machine and just run the slotter down the edge in a single pass, flip the panels run it again.

does anyone know if this is a realistic possibility?
    i've never used a cnc before

Quite feasable using a slotter you will have to make a jig to hold them off the table as router slotters have a nut on the end that holds the slotter blade and whatever you are cutting will have to be raised so the cutter clears the table.
    You will have to slot after you have cut your panels out of the 8 x 4 sheet.
    Trend have a biscuit slotter that you could use http://www.trend-uk.com/en/UK/trend/...ledge&id=15073
    Peter
    Last edited by ptjw7uk; 02-06-2011 at 12:12 PM. Reason: url

Thread Information