. .
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Good for you Kai.
    My remarks on not bidding when listed elsewhere are just personal and not aimed personally at you.

Small son and myself run the free advert site at www.homeworkshop.org.uk one of the things we put up front there is we will not accept any advert with links to Ebay or other sites.

I don't think it's fair turning it into a Dutch auction or free for all. If we do spot something on Ebay that's also advertised we just pull they guys advert and flag him for future adverts.
    Two strikes and he's banned.

Our site - our rules.
    John S -

Looks like you got a good price for the mill - shame that eBay will now take £40 in fees. Still at least it's 'simpler and easier for you to calculate up-front the fees you’ll pay' now(!). I don't see how this thread could have hindered your sale? If anything it's good for advertising that you got quite a few posts!

I don't think there was anything seriously wrong with the listing-there was sufficient information in my opinion. I've seen a lot lot worse - the lathe I bought on eBay for instance only had a few sentences and one photo. I was pleasantly surprised when it arrived and found there was a 4-jaw chuck and coolant pump with it!

In general I would bid on something if listed elsewhere. Surely it is better to bid and have a good chance of winning it than neither?

It is actually against eBay rules to list something if there is a chance it will sell elsewhere before the listing ends:
    http://community.ebay.co.uk/question...bay/1900030316
    EBay hardly stick to there own rules though (look up about shill bidding), so I wouldn't be too worried...
    Last edited by Jonathan; 21-06-2011 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    It is actually against eBay rules to list something if there is a chance it will sell elsewhere before the listing ends:
    http://community.ebay.co.uk/question...bay/1900030316
    EBay hardly stick to there own rules though (look up about shill bidding), so I wouldn't be too worried...
    They do pull items with "it's advertised, blah blah blah...." in them. I put my very old lathe on there. Some git reported it for having it's advertised elsewhere. I didn't bother relisting it, I scrapped it, some time later I auctioned the line shaft gear and I had several people ask about the lathe, turned out they were watching the auction and said they were going to bid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information