. .
    i have some large shaped 18mm mdf sheets that i need to cut a slot down the edge for the some T trim to fit into. i can do this with a hand router and my slotter bit if it comes to it.
    is it possible once the shape is cut out to put it back on the bed and set vcarve pro or 2d cut to run down the side of the edge, 9mm deep so its slotted in the middle?.
    the cutter head is 36mm in diameter, the arbor its on is about 12mm wide so i would need to go in from the side not straight down. how would i program it to do this?
    i'm still a newbie to cnc routing
    i might be better off just getting my hand router out if its too much stress, would be nice just to throw the sheets on repeat the program, no fuss no mess

Yes it is possible using a slitting saw the same as on an ordinary mill. You would need to play with the lead in and out to get it clear from the work piece. You could also use a rebate router bit also?
    If the nagging gets really bad......Get a bigger shed:naughty:

I dont think there is an option for this in v-carve, but it is quite simple to let v-carve produce g gode that plunges the router straight down and just edit this in notepad so that the plunge and retract moves occur at least 18mm away from the edge of the board.

Thread Information