. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    -
    I have bought myself a cnc router for home use , mainly 3d models for the kids to make and installed mach3 on my pc , I have it all working and can move the axis etc from the computer and all the settings seem to be ok

now i can import a dxf file looks ok on screen and the i import to mach3 and then it all goes wrong........

so my question is - is anyone prepared to do a quick quide on how to do it sucessfully with a know file that works , once i have got it to work for the 1st time i can then work out the rest of things ...

Am i using the best software???? if not any reccomendations????

thanks in advance for any advice as i really as loosing the will to live and i havnt even started yet...lol

cup of tea and all the bacon butties you can eat if anyone local wants a free brekkie.....

karl

Is it getting the curves all wrong? There are two ways of handling curves in mach 3, absolute and incremental.

Go into 'config', then 'general config' and change the 'IJ Mode' setting. restart mach 3 and see if it has fixed the problem.

You need to convert the DXF to G code in a program such as lazycam that comes free with Mach 3, or use a paid for program before you can proceed.

Phill

Quote Originally Posted by phill05 View Post
    You need to convert the DXF to G code in a program such as lazycam that comes free with Mach 3, or use a paid for program before you can proceed
    CamBam, is a good start for 2.5D:

http://www.cambam.info/
    I would just download the free version for now.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    CamBam, is a good start for 2.5D:

http://www.cambam.info/
    I would just download the free version for now.
    Agree with Jonathan. free version allows you to open it 40 times, but if you don't close cambam and put computer in sleep mode instead of Switch off- IT IS FREE FOREVER :).

Quote Originally Posted by wiatroda View Post
    Agree with Jonathan. free version allows you to open it 40 times, but if you don't close cambam and put computer in sleep mode instead of Switch off- IT IS FREE FOREVER :).
    That is until windows update forces a restart. I'm not going to elaborate on this topic for obvious reasons :naughty:

I don't think I've actually used the paying version yet - the free version seems to be enough for me.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    That is until windows update forces a restart.
    Yes, it does this trick every so, but 40 shots lasts for .... quite long. I'm not going to elaborate this subject either and I'm not going to mention that after some time Windows getting so bugged that needs to be reinstalled ( Format C: :) witch gives you some possibilities:whistling:. I think last time my XP survived for nearly 2 years without re-installation.

thanks guys for your advice - ive got mach3 running and artcam pro -started to get my head around it all - it certainly looked easier than it is, but i think im sorted out now after i watched a few tutorials on youtube, all i need now is to find out how to convert drg files to dxf as i have a few very good files i need to convert

karl

Quote Originally Posted by swinds View Post
    -
    I have bought myself a cnc router for home use , mainly 3d models for the kids to make and installed mach3 on my pc , I have it all working and can move the axis etc from the computer and all the settings seem to be ok

now i can import a dxf file looks ok on screen and the i import to mach3 and then it all goes wrong........

so my question is - is anyone prepared to do a quick quide on how to do it sucessfully with a know file that works , once i have got it to work for the 1st time i can then work out the rest of things ...

Am i using the best software???? if not any reccomendations????

thanks in advance for any advice as i really as loosing the will to live and i havnt even started yet...lol

cup of tea and all the bacon butties you can eat if anyone local wants a free brekkie.....

karl
    swinds, where about in new ferry do you live? Is it the New Ferry on the wirral? Im based in little sutton and work in b'head.

hiya philly

you do mean " sunny New Ferry on the wirral " lol and yes thats the one - if you contact me via email [email protected] we can chat and i can tell you my plans and maybe you can call in for a bacon butty and cup of tea ...........

karl

Thread Information