. .

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    UK GECKO GUYS ! G540 / G250 Users what steppers do you recommend from UK suppliers

Hey Guys

This is my first post on the forums so be gentle

Im just starting my first CNC router for wood and light ALU milling around 800mm x 400mm table with probably a 10 pitch lead 5 on the Z

Im looking to import a G540 from Keling as even after import tax it still works out cheaper than buying one in the UK about £200 .

i have been looking around and it seems quite hard to match up some lower induction steppers keeping near the 3.5amps from a UK supplier just wondered what you Gecko guys are using that seem a good optimum match,maybe i am being too anal. (im looking to run at 48v maybe 43v)

This link could be useful if anyone else is looking to import to work out the taxes you can even state a ebay listing number .

Duty Calculator

Best Regards

Koog

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    so you save yourself a few quid, then the next guy saves himself a few quid, and the next, and the next, and the next, and then there are no uk suppliers about to get the bits that you forget to get from the usa, or need to get a bit sooner.

Support the guys over here.

I'm sure the current uk suppliers can supply anything you need that are equivalent if not the same items.
    Last edited by i2i; 28-06-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    so you save yourself a few quid, then the next guy saves himself a few quid, and the next, and the next, and the next, and then there are no uk suppliers about to get the bits that you forget to get from the usa, or need to get a bit sooner.

Support the guys over here.

I'm sure the current uk suppliers can supply anything you need that are equivalent if not the same items.
    Yes i would also love to buy in the UK and support the guys ,my specific example i was just weighing up my options .
    Importing would be my last option :P

koogar

That calculator doesn't take into account handling charges only duty and VAT. Just fed the details in of some bits sent over last week and it says £35 when I was charged £48

John S.
    John S -

5. The reason you will find it hard to find low inductance motors is because of current.
    if you want a motor with lower than normal current you are going to end up with higher inductance.
    you may be better looking for a higher current motor like 4A and using this.
    You will only notice the difference at the lower speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by koogar View Post
    UK GECKO GUYS ! G540 / G250 Users what steppers do you recommend from UK suppliers

Hey Guys

This is my first post on the forums so be gentle

Im just starting my first CNC router for wood and light ALU milling around 800mm x 400mm table with probably a 10 pitch lead 5 on the Z

Im looking to import a G540 from Keling as even after import tax it still works out cheaper than buying one in the UK about £200 .

i have been looking around and it seems quite hard to match up some lower induction steppers keeping near the 3.5amps from a UK supplier just wondered what you Gecko guys are using that seem a good optimum match,maybe i am being too anal. (im looking to run at 48v maybe 43v)

This link could be useful if anyone else is looking to import to work out the taxes you can even state a ebay listing number .

Duty Calculator

Best Regards

Koog

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Gary For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    you may be better looking for a higher current motor like 4A and using this.
    You will only notice the difference at the lower speeds.
    I think he would be better off buying your PM752, or PM542 (or equivalent) than the gecko driver. That way the current is no longer a problem...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jonathan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    I think he would be better off buying your PM752, or PM542 (or equivalent) than the gecko driver. That way the current is no longer a problem...

Yes i think your right Jonathan

the PM542 3 Axis kit from Zapp has been in the back of my mind for the last few weeks it has the a nice flexible current range ideal for small to larger CNCs .

The G540 had me on size and ease of wiring but i was aware that it was a just a tad short on current thus ideal steppers are hard to find over here i just wish i had room for large control boxes.

"Her in doors" is already fed up with all my electronic stuff all over the place :)

Koogar

Thread Information