. .
    Hi All..

Getting to that exciting moment of switching it all on.. But have realized the two new nema 34 steppers are going to need an additional power supply.. Apparently they can go to 60v and 5.5amps each.. The drivers can take up to 70v, but would like to dial that down a bit, hence the 60v...

Anyone have something lying around, or could maybe point me in the direction of a retailer?

Many thanks
    Steve...

Have a look for toroidal transformers if you can't find a cheap PSU. You only need the transformer, capacitor(s) and a bridge rectifier. Farnell is probably the cheapest (or eBay), though I've not checked recently.

What drivers are you using out of interest?

I might have something suitable that I no longer need, but I can't remember the voltage.... I'll go and find it.

Hi Jonathan..

I am using 2 x nema 34 motors, they can go to 60v with 5.5amps.. The drivers are PM752 from Zapp, they can go to 70v but have been advised to keep it at around 60v..
    I am a fair engineer, but am probably lethal with a 1.5v battery, so best keep me away from electronics unless you have shares in CPR kits..!
    Was just looking at one of those articles on how to convert an atx pc power supply into 12v 8amp source.. Hmm.. If you see a purple flash on the southern horizon, then I probably had a go at this...!

Let me know if you have something that may suit..

Many thanks..
    Steve.

Have now been sorted for a PSU... Thanks Jonathan..!

Are those 50 volt GPO power supplies still about on Ebay ? they work ace with the 542 drivers from ARC and Zapp.

If you run them as is, they put 42 volts out, dead stable. I bought a big stack a while ago and he had about 200 left at that time. If you collect he charges £10 per unit [ or did ]
    He's at Swindon
    John S -

I'm pretty sure he's not selling them any longer. The listing ended ('No longer available') and a few days later they appear on Zapp's website for a lot more and advertised as being a good deal as they're quoting the RRP which is high.

I kind of regret not getting a few myself ... they looked useful.

Uuummm.
    Singularly they are £35 but 150 plus quantity and they are £19.

Pleased I bought 50 now.
    John S -

Thread Information