. .
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    hi all. expecting delivery of my 3hp chinese water cooled spindle this week and was wondering what you all used to cool them i.e. what type of pump and radiators/fans and any links to where you go them would be great. thanks very much

Hi

I used a pump very similar to this one
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DC-12V-Electri...item3a681e17d2

and for the water tank I used one of the clip on sealing lid spaghetti storage boxes. I did have a small CPU rad and fan but this was way over kill. With the above my spindle barely gets warm.

Andy

I use a pump like this one ... much higher flow than the two already mentioned but I doubt it's required.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WHALE-GP1002-1...item335da4ae7a

Just a covered bucket ... no heatsinks or radiators etc required as there's enough water for the heat to just radiate into the room via the bucket.

I've run it for several hours with this setup and the spindle was still cold.

thanks jonathan, just bought one of those

I will be using an old Lincoln Electric welding torch cooler. Its a bit on the industrial side but should work very well when I get the fittings and wiring sorted out. I will post some pics in my build log soon hopefully.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by johngoodrich View Post
    thanks jonathan, just bought one of those
    No worries.. just don't get any swarf in it as that will break it :sad:

7. Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan View Post
    No worries.. just don't get any swarf in it as that will break it :sad:
    Speaking from experience there buddy lol :whistling:

8. in China there is water chiller that could be controled the water tempreturer in certain degree. for example you can control the water tempreturer from 20 degree to 30 degree. And for the tempereturer scope there is many option for you. it's indeed like an air-conditioning.
    cnc router,laser machine www.woodcncmachine.net msn/email: [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by jnzkcnc View Post
    in China there is water chiller that could be controled the water tempreturer in certain degree. for example you can control the water tempreturer from 20 degree to 30 degree. And for the tempereturer scope there is many option for you. it's indeed like an air-conditioning.
    Can you tell me where abouts in China so i can pop over and have a look please... LOL but seriously could you give a little more information.
    Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other - Abe Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardoco View Post
    Can you tell me where abouts in China so i can pop over and have a look please... LOL but seriously could you give a little more information.
    The funniest comment. You are right in what your saying though lol....,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information