. .
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post
    how do I mark this post to keep an eye on it ??
    Subscribe to the thread... use the 'Go Advanced' button when you next post and tick 'Subscribe to this thread and notify me of changes:'

jcb121 - I think what you've just drawn looks better.

Lives in Cardiff, United Kingdom. Last Activity: 25-10-2022 Has been a member for 9-10 years. Has a total post count of 699. Received thanks 29 times, giving thanks to others 1 times.
    Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post
    how do I mark this post to keep an eye on it ??

James & Luke
    as you've posted in the thread you should be notified when a post is made.

Quote Originally Posted by jcb121 View Post
    I'm guessing this thread silence means you can't see anything wrong with my drawing? :)
    Possibly...

Driving the ballscrews via timing belts allows you to change the ratio - ultimately getting a higher feedrate. True it's more expensive, but if you want to use the motors to their full potential I think it's the way to go. You will of course loose a bit of resolution if it is geared up, and vice versa.

You still have the Z-axis bearings mounted to the Y-axis, not the rails. I'm pretty sure that putting them the other way round makes it stronger in general.

The aluminium extrusion should be strong...steel box section should be cheaper for the same strength. Consider putting an aluminum plate on the bed (maybe 10mm thick) to stiffen it up and give a good surface to hold stuff.

(I just typed this 3 times ... first time I accidently clicked close, next two times the cat closed it for me...)

Quote Originally Posted by i2i View Post
    as you've posted in the thread you should be notified when a post is made.
    Yeah I'm getting flooded with emails!

The Ballnut on my drawring is tightly placed between the two bearings to reduce the size. switch the bearings onto the other side would lock the ball screw in between the bearings making it useless!

unless I did a re-design. would take maybe 5-6 minutes of my life, but it's dinner time and I'm bloody starving!

all the items in Sketchup I made, would it be worth having a sketch up section on here so that people can download them into there CNC machines within sketchup?

I made all mine my self apart from the spindle, would of shaved a lot of time off the design.

:)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information