. .
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Jonathan we have slotted holes on the gantry??
    and as I said "I did the drawing dimensions off the ballnut support as it is fixed in place" but I suppose I lost a 1mm on the pencil line ??

James

I now know where I went wrong Jonathan my drawings where based on 20mm material and the material is actually 19.050075 however we do have slotted holes so that should be ok

James

Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post
    I now know where I went wrong Jonathan my drawings where based on 20mm material and the material is actually 19.050075 however we do have slotted holes so that should be ok
    That would explain it yes. The only thing that worries me is these errors/tolerances all add up and could ultimately cause the remaining 1mm clearance you will have in the slot, if I make the ballnut mounts 30mm, to disappear. Still it's probably negligible...

Jonathan make it with the extra 1 mm as we can always mill it off if needed??

James

Just a small up date of parts I have

fitted or waiting to fit
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP0001.jpg 
Views:	280 
Size:	170.3 KB 
ID:	4532

Name:	IMGP0002.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	164.7 KB 
ID:	4530

Name:	IMGP0003.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	194.7 KB 
ID:	4531

Name:	IMGP0004.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	110.9 KB 
ID:	4533

as you can see the last photo is the extrusion waiting for Luke to fit

in photo 2 and 3 shows the transformer given by a really nice member of this forum

you know who you are, & a BIG BIG THANK YOU I will find a way of paying you. if not for the item then for the postage you have been warned

Items to get this month a forth stepper and a water pump for the spindle

Items to have machined this month Y , Z-axis supports Ie the 20mm material that connects y to z and z to spindle

belts for y and z plus pulleys and stepper mounts O'my god Jonathan has his work cut out for him

James

I think I may restart my build log?

what do you think ?

James

I think I may restart my build log?

what do you think ?

James
    NO It's always nice to see it from the very begining, shows others later how a build is ever changing and just what goes into building a nice machine, which I'm sure yours will turn into.

Leave it be. . is my vote.!

Hear hear.

OK Jazz it's just getting clogged up with silly comments by me and doesn't look very professorial at all

James

OK Jazz it's just getting clogged up with silly comments by me and doesn't look very professorial at all

James
    It's not a fashion contest it's diary of your build. It's fine and the silly comments just show your excitment, just wait untill the frustrated comments appear then you'll want to delete the whole machine. . Lol

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread Information