. .
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    well not done any think today as I fell out the attic and done my back in plus I think I've broken my little finger

ladders slipped on the garage floor, I will need new ladders now

James

and I feel a right twat

oops bought the wrong power supply (only 50w) and I need 70w

so this is up for sale £10.00 but it's not come yet so you will have to wait, just like me

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1505921946...84.m1439.l2649

James

You want 70 volts, not watts! About 500 watts... it's going to cost more than £12.99 I'm afraid. I'm using a 500VA toroidal transformer with two 25V outputs in series - that gets just under (25+25)*2^0.5 = 70.7V

Jonathan It was a genuine mistake where can I get the right power supply from

PS
    Luke loves his badge big big thank you mate

James,
    I know how that feels. When I was building my new workshop earlier this year I was using ladders for some work on the edge of the roof. I had sat them on top of some of the roof sheets I was fitting. Everything was fine until one of the sheets slipped and the ladder went with it. Felt like right t**t as well. Hope you get better soon.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post
    Jonathan It was a genuine mistake where can I get the right power supply from
    http://www.rapidonline.com/sku/Elect.../82719/88-3840

That one plus a couple of capacitors and a bridge rectifier, which I will already have. I can't find any on eBay at the moment ... that one is a bit expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by luke11cnc View Post
    Luke loves his badge big big thank you mate
    No worries :)

7. Try Farnell as well . You don't pay for delivery. Recently I received Item which wasn't working. Then I contacted them and with no problem they replaced faulty item and arranged and paid for collection of the damaged one. Good customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by wiatroda View Post
    Try Farnell as well ...
    Yes Farnell is good, however in this case I had already checked and they're more expensive than Rapid.

They do have suitable capacitors at a very good price, but I've already got some so that's no problem.

9. Last time I bought from Rapid ( ages ago) I paid few £ for delivery. Some items are cheaper some not. The same IGBT I needed were cheaper in Farnell and wider selection of them. For me personally not always price matters but service you receive, but this is individual. Small items Farnell posts with Royal Mail , bigger -courier. I was pleasantly surprised when I placed order 2pm and had my components next day in the morning with everyday post. Return: nearly instant reply, next day replaced part and collection. With e-bay shops - they exist today, next week they've gone (maybe exaggerated but true).

I just order from either Rapid or Farnell, whichever is cheapest taking into account postage. Lately I've used Farnell more because, as you say, their product range is better.

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread Information